Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

What Sony mic is this?

<< < (2/3) > >>

jefflester:

--- Quote from: earmonger on September 25, 2022, 09:15:37 PM ---That's a positive ID, thanks!

I'm sure it's no match for your DSM6, but were you generally happy with the recordings from the ECM-121? If the specs in the Italian listing are correct, its bass response only goes down to 100 Hz.

--- End quote ---
As a beginner steath mic I was pretty happy with it, but then I didn't really know any better. It was certainly better than the ECM-101, which was *really* lacking in bass even though it was also spec'd to 100 Hz. I did make some decent tapes with it from 1988 to 1991.

johnmuge:
That looks like the one that came with my WM-D3. Let's see if I can find it.

pillowman:
For me it looks like
Sony ecm ts 120
Or
Sony ecm ts 125.
Both are nearly the same with
Clear results but always Messing
Enough amount of bass  :hmmm:

jefflester:

--- Quote from: johnmuge on September 25, 2022, 10:46:06 PM ---That looks like the one that came with my WM-D3. Let's see if I can find it.

--- End quote ---
That's the PC-62 already discussed. The mic element section appears to be the same, but the PC-62 went directly to a 1/8" male plug for direct insertion in to the deck. Then there was an additional cable with a female jack for having the mic away from the deck.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/sony-pc-62-clip-audio-stereo-1882427294

morst:

--- Quote from: earmonger on September 25, 2022, 09:15:37 PM ---I'm sure it's no match for your DSM6, but were you generally happy with the recordings from the ECM-121? If the specs in the Italian listing are correct, its bass response only goes down to 100 Hz.

--- End quote ---

CUTS off at 100 Hz, or starts rolling off at 100 Hz?

Great to see you back on here, earmonger!
Was just thinking about ya the other day.
I bought a new recorder off a very popular auction website, and you should hit me up if you want a wired remote control that might work with some recorder you or a friend have access to.. lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version