Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My wife wants an iBook; good for taping?  (Read 4080 times)

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
My wife wants an iBook; good for taping?
« on: April 14, 2003, 09:56:01 AM »
And I think I'm going to give in, she deserves it :)

Would a standard iBook G3 with about 512 RAM do well for live taping?  I'd love to get some use out of this impending toy, and I'm having a few issues taping at 24/96 with my winblows laptop (it's super-picky about being defragged; I have to defrag right before the show or I get an occasional pop)..

I use an Edirol UA5 at shows..  Their site says it's cool with iBook/OSX.  Is it stable at 24 bit?  24/96?

Do I need to get an extra battery, or is the standard battery good enough for 2-4 hour shows?

At home, I run an EMI 2|6 via USB into my DAC to listen to 24 bit.  Emagic's website says it's compatible, and that it works at 24/96 for playback.  Any anecdotal evidence?

And a stupid question: I burn my .wav files to CD or DVD on my windows PC.  Can the mac read these?

I have some software questions, but I'll hold off on those :D

My gut feeling is the iBook would be sweet for live recording, I'm just hoping for some success stories :)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:My wife wants an iBook; good for taping?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 10:16:42 AM »
ibook works great.  i ran an ibook with a 500mhz g3 for over a year and had no issues at all with 24 bit recording (with the emi 2|6)

never tried 24/96 for a show, but 24/48 went great.  short tests at 24/96 seemed ok too

you'll want to rig up an external batery system, at 24 bit that thing will die at 2:45 to 3 hours

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.229 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com