Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Authoring menus in Adobe Encore - button highlighting?  (Read 10895 times)

Offline Orchid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Authoring menus in Adobe Encore - button highlighting?
« on: November 08, 2004, 06:27:20 PM »
Hey, I solved my transferring problem and now I'm stuck again. I'm in Adobe Encore, and I've just put text down and converted that to a button and linked it to the chapter I want. The buttons all work, but I can't seem to find a way of making them highlight so that you know which one you've selected. I've searched the web and can't really find anything.. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Authoring menus in Adobe Encore - button highlighting?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 02:14:48 PM »
just below the tab to "Convert to Button" is a tab labelled "Create subpicture".  Click that while you have your button selected.  Then open the properties window.  Click the "create subpicture" box just to be sure.  Then select the menu which your button is located.  In the properties window you'll see a selection box labelled "Subpicture highlight group", within this you can set it to automatic(defualt) or menu default.  Set it to menu default.  Then @ the top click the menu tab>edit subpicture highlight group.  You have up to two groups to choose from should you want to use seperate color sets on sub-menu's.   Set your colors for "selected" & "activated".  Preview your menu to make sure it's to your liking.  These are simple text highlights, you can also create custom subpicture highlights in photoshop. 

Here's a quick tutorial of how to do that. 

1.Create your button in encore
2.click the "edit in photshop" button on the toolbar
3.@ the top click the windows>Layers (in photoshop)
You'll see your button is contained within it's own folder
4.Select that folder & create a new layer named "(=1) button name"   .  You can name the button layers anything you like, but they must contain the prefix (=#) .  This is how Encore recognizes subpicture layers.  With the # determining the highlight state.  Meaning that (=1) would be normal unselected state, (=2) would be selected state, & (=3) would be activated state (after you've pressed the button). 
5.Repeat step 4 to create your other 2 highlight layers
6.Your (=1) layer is usually blank, so that just leaves you to create the subpicture elements for layers 2&3.  Get those to your liking then close the menu project in photoshop & save when propted. 
7.Go back to encore & the subpicture's you've created should be there. 

« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 02:42:14 PM by the yokel »

Offline Orchid

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 03:42:37 PM »
Hey, thanks a lot, it was a great help. One thing through, when I preview it, the button isn't positioned in the same place as the text, andnor is the subpicture... In other words, you have to click above the text, and the subpicture will appear over half of the text, for example. How do you get around this? Thanks again

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 12:24:56 AM »
Sounds like your subpicture layers got moved.  You can realign them in photoshop or just delete the buttons & start over. 

Offline Orchid

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 12:26:47 PM »
I don't think it is.. Because in the Encore editor screen and in Photoshop it's all aligned, but when I preview it or burn it to dvd it screws up.. I've attached a picture to help...

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 09:28:01 PM »
I'm not really sure what's going on in those screen shots.  Is your subpicture that orange color?  Or the white color?  In Encore open the menu editor window.  @ the bottom there are 3 oval buttons that will let you preview your subpicture highlights.  Click them all just to make sure they are aligned properly.

Offline Orchid

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 02:50:08 AM »
Subpicture is the orange colour. I know about the buttons at the bottom,the picture at the top of the screenshots show what the text looks like when I click to show them in the editor (perfectly aligned ontop of each other). But when I preview it or watch it in a dvd player, it looks like the bottom picture (subpicture is below the text and not aligned properly)...

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 11:17:08 PM »
Sorry, i don't know what to tell ya.  Never seen that happen before.  Best advice i can give is to do a search @ the adobe encore forums.  & if you can't find it there, try giving a email to there support. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com