Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Nakamichi servicing?  (Read 2714 times)

Offline peterbilt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Nakamichi servicing?
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:56:41 PM »
Anyone know of a place or person that may be able to take a look at the MX100 I have? I never got around to building a power supply, but according to the person I sold it to (who tried 2 different power supplies), it doesn't power up.
I cracked open the box just to take a look for any cracks, lose wiring or any other obvious possibilities and it all looks good, remarkably clean actually.The exception being one of the wires to the power in, looks as if the wiring got almost burnt, not bad, just sorta brown.
Any ideas?

Offline spcyrfc

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Live from River City
    • BordersCrossing.net
Re: Nakamichi servicing?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 01:01:25 PM »
i think steven sank is a certified Nak repair person, his web site is talkingdogtransducercompany.com or something like that.  look him up

luke
mkh8040>aerco mp-2>pcmd-50
PFS: AKG 414xls

Record Local

www.borderscrossing.net

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 01:03:30 PM »
I tried contacting him about modding my cm300's and I never heard from him, but this may call for another try. I don't really want to end up with a paperweight if I can avoid it.

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 02:56:20 PM »
I just recieved an email from a supposed servicer and he said..."Sorry, I don't do any of the car stuff."  ::)

Sorry, I don't do any of the "Hi, I'll send this to someone that doesn't even know what it is and hope they can fix it."

I would have thought that by describing it as a portable 3 channel microphone mixer powered by a 10v. DC power supply by way of a 4 pin DIN conector, that they would have known what the hell I was talking about.

Too funny.

And now he wants to sell me PS100 for 150-200 bucks!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 03:13:43 PM by peterbilt »

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 07:16:29 PM »
i would think any electrical repair shop should be able to test it for you, w/ out having to send it out.
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
Anyone know of a place or person that may be able to take a look at the MX100 I have? I never got around to building a power supply, but according to the person I sold it to (who tried 2 different power supplies), it doesn't power up.
I cracked open the box just to take a look for any cracks, lose wiring or any other obvious possibilities and it all looks good, remarkably clean actually.The exception being one of the wires to the power in, looks as if the wiring got almost burnt, not bad, just sorta brown.
Any ideas?

i can take a look at it. shoot me a pm.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 08:20:18 PM »
Any ideas?

marc

Of course you can, marc.  What CAN'T you do?!?!

;D
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 08:48:30 PM »
Any ideas?

marc

Of course you can, marc.  What CAN'T you do?!?!

;D

i can't make active cables for the akg480 series mics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 09:08:34 PM »
I'm suprised!

+t for all you do...
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline peterbilt

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:51:48 AM »
leegeddy, thanks for the offer.
I just recieved an email from Mr. Sank, and he's hooking me up with a "new" mx100 and PS100 with the original cable and connector for a really good price.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com