Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone record with an ipod  (Read 4027 times)

pkjr703

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone record with an ipod
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:31:26 AM »
hello bootleggers. Im new to this site. I have been using a sharp md dc 421/420 (i keep forgeting) recorder to record shows. I have come across ads that sell mics for ipods. Im  wondering, is the quality good, it is easy to record, any feedback would help. Thanks in advance.

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Re: Anyone record with an ipod
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 07:35:05 AM »
hello bootleggers. Im new to this site. I have been using a sharp md dc 421/420 (i keep forgeting) recorder to record shows. I have come across ads that sell mics for ipods. Im wondering, is the quality good, it is easy to record, any feedback would help. Thanks in advance.

quick run through the faq and the search funtion would lead you to disccover 2 things:

1. People around here really don't like being called bootleggers (not a good way to introduce yourself to us)

2. Ipods do not have appropriate recording capabilities for our purposes.

Regardless, welcome aboard!!  You'll find boatloads of information and time wasters here  ;D

I'll throw you a +t before people start taking them away for flagrant use of the term bootlegger  ;)
h

And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 11:17:52 AM »
hello bootleggers. Im new to this site. I have been using a sharp md dc 421/420 (i keep forgeting) recorder to record shows. I have come across ads that sell mics for ipods. Im wondering, is the quality good, it is easy to record, any feedback would help. Thanks in advance.

quick run through the faq and the search funtion would lead you to disccover 2 things:

1. People around here really don't like being called bootleggers (not a good way to introduce yourself to us)

2. Ipods do not have appropriate recording capabilities for our purposes.

Regardless, welcome aboard!! You'll find boatloads of information and time wasters here ;D

I'll throw you a +t before people start taking them away for flagrant use of the term bootlegger ;)
h

nice save Heath

+T to the newbie for the honest mistake
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Digital Quality

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 12:36:57 PM »
Actually, it could be done if we had a device with USB OTG. The iPod can be configured to look just like a usb(2) drive. It can't realy be used as an mp3 player and a usb drive at the same time thought I bleieve. Onother problem beside OTG is the battery life on the iPod. Using it as a usb drive would really jack up the power consumption so it's a little questionable in my mind if the battery would go any longer than 3 hours or so.
You are here: http://www.atlasoftheuniverse.com/
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

rig:         mk41/21>kc5>cmc6>KindKables>v3>Axim x50v,WM6,live2496
playback: Marantz DV7600>Mackie 1202>Mackie HR824

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 08:59:36 AM »
There is a linux hack that will let you record through the headphone input. It was discussed around here at one point. I'm still thinking about trying it on my 2nd gen ipod but have yet to find time to attempt.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline AlexNC

• Taperssection Newbie
  • _..--==/|\==--.._
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 11:40:35 AM »
The Linux Podzilla hack it is analog, mono, and glitchy = not for taping

There was some good news just released from Apple ...
http://www.sebimeyer.com/index.php/2005/05/24/itunes-49-to-feature-podcasting-ipod-to-feature-recording/
Here’s a thing that really made my day: Speaking at a conference in San Diego, Steve Jobs showed off iTunes 4.9 which will feature built in podcasting support. On top of that Adam Curry had a meeting with Steve (I love how Adam casually mentions he met with Steve for one and a half hours in this podcast at min 10:00). One thing Adam is guaranteeing is that the iPod will be able to record in the very immediate future.
Hopefully they will give us some high quality settings. The iPod is definitly capable of recording high quality audio; it has been crippled for consumer use. Looks like podcasting is enoough evidence for Jobs to justify to the record lables that recording is an important feature of the iPod.

Offline Brendan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 01:42:57 PM »
will it record WAV or MP3?

Offline DCDireWolf

• Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 10:19:50 AM »
Rumor has it that Apple is poised to release an ipod late this summer that has recording capabilities. 
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

BobW

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 07:23:11 PM »
Rumor has it that Apple is poised to release an ipod late this summer that has recording capabilities. 

Let's have a good old-fashioned sit-in at Apple Camp Headquarters demanding a stereo- lossless-file,
recording iPod, just like we did in the 60s !

After all, protests were sooo effective back then     ;)     8)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 07:28:19 PM by Lower-Powered »

Offline Brendan

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 06:14:01 PM »
well i downloaded the stuff from tht site to be able to record but meh after i plugged everything in and recorded line in.. nothing worked... plus there are no levels.. :(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com