Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dull sounding tapes  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re:Dull sounding tapes
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2003, 05:04:01 PM »
Daryan (and everybody else) DTB is up now at http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=6313 . Keep in mind, I wouldn't call this one of my best recordings, the PA was set up pretty odd at the show (on the roof of the stage pavilion). But I think that it deffinatly gives you an idea of how the mics sound.

Offline Gary Hull

• Taperssection Newbie
  • All who Yonder are not Lost!!!
    • CDR List
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2003, 08:37:09 AM »
To try and answer a few of the questions, I have tried using the Nutter Technique, DIN spaced about 22 inches apart, and XY.  I have recorded in both small bars and outside venues.  Normally I would say the sound at the venues have been very good.  As for transferring, I use a Sony MZ-1 > DIO 2448 > Sound Forge 5.0.  

The tapes I am making may sound good, I just might be over critical of my own tapes.  I appreciate all the responses and any other hints you can give.

Gary

DaryanLenz

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 08:58:15 AM »
I will download a track or two and let you know what I think sometime this afternoon.
I for one would try ortf and true din to get a feel for things.  I have never tried the nutter technique, and probably won't, as I am happy running ortf and din, and sometimes nos.

Daryan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com