Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Toys - Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors  (Read 1483 times)

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
New Toys - Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors
« on: December 27, 2005, 04:49:42 PM »
I picked these up on Ebay for $500 w/ matching stands.  They are finished with real birdseye maple veneer and look really nice.  They are about 5 years old.  The speakers retailed for around $900 ($1500 w/stands).  I'm listening to my Duo w/Mike Gordon recording and they sound great. 

I also received some new speaker cables from Mapleshade Records last week.  They are very modestly priced ($85) and defy everything that I was ever told about speaker cables.  Each cable consists of a twisted pair of single-strand copper wire that I estimate is 22 AWG.  I noticed improvement in staging and depth as soon as I hooked them up to my old speakers without any burn-in.

I definitely have the upgrade bug now.  Eventually, I think I'll move to two separate systems:  (1) A two channel with separate DAC, pre, active crossover, and 2 power amps and (2) A 5.1 channel HT receiver for movies and multi-channel audio.  My next purchase is a nice subwoofer to replace the cheap Yamaha I currently have.  That will have to wait till I get my tax refund.
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: New Toys - Soliloquy 5.0 Monitors
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:18:43 AM »
nice monitors.  GREAT deal w/the stands.  excellent score.
snap a pic.  i'd love to see that finish.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com