Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge  (Read 1701 times)

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge
« on: April 25, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »
http://www.local6.com/news/8988315/detail.html

Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge

POSTED: 1:28 pm EDT April 25, 2006
UPDATED: 3:15 pm EDT April 25, 2006

A company may soon offer American motorists a new option to save on high gas prices -- vehicles powered by lithium batteries, according to a Local 6 News report.

IMAGE: Photos From Story

"The kind (of batteries) that power your cell phone may power your car in the future," Local 6's Jacquie Sosa reported.

A full version of a lithium-powered vehicle will be sold by Hybrid Technologies.

"Just plug in these cars for about five hours or so and you'll get about 300 miles on a single charge," Sosa said.

The cars can travel up to 100 mph, according to the report.

The vehicles cost about $35,000 or about double what buyers would pay for a gas-powered model.

Richard Griffiths is the driving force behind Hybrid Technologies' effort to make practical lithium-powered electric vehicles.

"We can take basically any vehicle and adapt it to fit, we basically can take any model and put a lithium motor, and so it really comes down to what the market is looking for," Griffiths said

Hybrid Technologies is the only U.S. company that sells the lithium-powered cars, the Local 6 News report said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.  <OK, you betcha!>

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: Lithium-Battery Cars May Deliver 300 Miles Per Charge
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:26:57 PM »
Nice.  Definitely a move in the right direction.

I winder what size the battery(s) will be.  Could I carry fully charged spares and are they hot swappable?  5 hours is too much down time when on vacation with your vehicle.    What if I drove to Bonnaroo?  I have to leave my car at a battery station, hitch the rest of the way in?  Just some random thoughts.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com