Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Homegrown WAVE header repair utility

<< < (38/39) > >>

billydee:

--- Quote from: live2496 on September 29, 2022, 11:50:41 PM ---It would seem that there was some corruption of the file system.
There may be other utilities you could try. BadCopyPro was something that I have used. Also utilities like TestDisk and PhotoRec might turn up something useful.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for all the suggestions, much appreciated.

morst:

--- Quote from: billydee on September 29, 2022, 08:54:56 PM ---I did find that there's a 1.38GB file named FILE0000.CHK on the card. I made a copy and renamed it to .WAV and pulled it into Audacity as Raw Data and it's a combination of white noise and music. As advised I imported it with a different starting offset, 1 byte at a time up to 6 bytes. Still white noise and music, but at some of the starting offsets it loaded into Audacity much faster.

--- End quote ---

If the music sounds like it's at the proper sample rate and channel count, but is interrupted by noise, then I would figure you have imported the raw data at the correctly matching bit depth, sample rate, and "endianness."
If this feed is intermittent, then that's likely to be file corruption from the card or recovery process. At least you have snippets of evidence!?!

billydee:

--- Quote from: morst on October 02, 2022, 01:34:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: billydee on September 29, 2022, 08:54:56 PM ---I did find that there's a 1.38GB file named FILE0000.CHK on the card. I made a copy and renamed it to .WAV and pulled it into Audacity as Raw Data and it's a combination of white noise and music. As advised I imported it with a different starting offset, 1 byte at a time up to 6 bytes. Still white noise and music, but at some of the starting offsets it loaded into Audacity much faster.

--- End quote ---

If the music sounds like it's at the proper sample rate and channel count, but is interrupted by noise, then I would figure you have imported the raw data at the correctly matching bit depth, sample rate, and "endianness."
If this feed is intermittent, then that's likely to be file corruption from the card or recovery process. At least you have snippets of evidence!?!

--- End quote ---
Yes, I guess "snippets" covers what's been recovered so far. I've sort of given up for now and won't use that SD card anymore until another solution surfaces.

morst:
I found a good video that clarifies how to really get pc command chkdsk to function.

I didn't realize that you'll need to tell windows to show invisible files, show non-system files, and show all extensions...

https://youtu.be/lw5zBkoWAg8?t=152
This video covers how to do that, around 2.5 minutes in.

I did a recovery on the PC and when I put the thumbdrive in my mac, the files were hidden from the Finder (mac version of windows explorer) but visible when I listed their contents using the terminal app (command line for mac).
I could have copied them off from the PC but used rsync from the terminal to move the files to my main drive.

live2496:
I got in touch with the author of BadCopyPro and got my licensing key.

I would try that if you feel ok about sending it.

Gordon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version