Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Church Audio vs SP-PASM-2(which one for low volume sound recording)  (Read 7248 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Church Audio vs SP-PASM-2(which one for low volume sound recording)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 11:03:08 AM »
Thanks for the info. Is it better/more sensitive than the inbuilt R-09 microphone?

Thanks,

Olli

I honestly do not know if its better then the r-09, because I have not heard that built in mic. I will say that the pen is omni I perfure omni for recording speeches because it tends to pick the source up, better then a single point cardioid will.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline olli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »
Thanks anyway,

Olli

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »
get the low sensitivity version of the sppasm2...I had it for a while to record wife's rehearsals..the low sens will be fine.

Hello Church-Audio :
 :)
Having not decided on which one to get, but I have some doubt regarding preamp,can you give me advice.

If I record quiet lecture using the soundpro preamp,MT-830mic(sensitivity of -34dB),then which gain should be appropriate:29dB or 50dB? I fear that using with this mic in line in of Iriver -140 will result in clipping or distortion in 29dB or 50dB?Would this happen,then the preamp will be not useful if it will clip even in 29dB.Do you think the two option(29dB and 50dB)enough to control gain ,does I need to buy attenuator in case it will clip.

That I have no experience with preamp,therefore I think asking you is the best and secure.Might be I was too panic and it wil do the job good,then I do not need to return it to soundpro if now working(return it mean more money for shipping).

Or do you suggest I buy -40dB and more sensitive mic to be more safer than the one (-34dB)I choosed?Or buying attenuator? ::)

Now the problem became fear of clipping rather than too low volume!(vs no preamp)

Thanks you :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com