Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable mp3 player advice needed.  (Read 7093 times)

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
Re: Portable mp3 player advice needed.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
Get the I Audio X5.  Costs less than an I pod, plays flac's, has a radio, you can record from the radio, has an internal mic, comes with a usb port so you can put images from your digital camera onto it, they sell a 60gb so there is plenty of space, the battery lasts longer than an I pod, plays movies, holds photo, and comes with a sub pack so you don't pay extra for a line out.  One of my favorite parts is that it acts like an external hard drive.  You can just plug it into any computer and start transferring files no drivers needed.  So you can use this on as many computers at you want and trade files when you go visit friends.  I am not sure why more people aren't buying these devices.  It comes with all kinds of features that are extras on an ipod and it’s the same size.  It is not at sexy as the pod but it was exactly what I was looking for.  If you are looking to spend less they also sell a 20 and 30 gig.   
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:30 PM »
does anyone know the current largest capacity mp3 player available that also runs on user-replaceable batteries?  AA or AAA rechargeables would be great, but any device with a rechargeable lithium is fine too, as long as it's replaceable.

in case i didn't word that properly:  what i don't want is a unit with an embedded rechargeable lithium.  when the battery goes, the device is as good as disposable.  the creative zen vision W, vision M are such units.  love them otherwise, but i despise planned obsolescence!

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:53 PM »
does anyone know the current largest capacity mp3 player available that also runs on user-replaceable batteries?  AA or AAA rechargeables would be great, but any device with a rechargeable lithium is fine too, as long as it's replaceable.

in case i didn't word that properly:  what i don't want is a unit with an embedded rechargeable lithium.  when the battery goes, the device is as good as disposable.  the creative zen vision W, vision M are such units.  love them otherwise, but i despise planned obsolescence!

I have an 80GB ipod and while the battery isnt "replaceable" in terms of droping the old cell out and putting a new one in, it is pretty easy to change a battery in an ipod.  I've changed out one or two and usually only takes a few min.

Hopefully apple will come out with a 120gb version soon, im running out of space.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:35 PM »
I read yesterday that new Ipods are coming out in the fall, 12 and 16gb nano's and touch screen videos.  I don't know about a 120gb version tho.

Peter, no idea on a player with removable batteries, I have seen things that dock on ipods tho that offer up 80+ hours of music.  *shrug*  I'm sorry to say that I've kind of turned into a ipod fanboy.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline dunebug81

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 12:23:12 AM »
the touch screen will be cool, like the iphones.  my next ipod will have to be at least 50% largerfor me to drop another$350 on it.  last year i paid $400 for a 60gb and then about 4 months later i paid $350 for my 80gb (and gave the 60 to my brother in iraq).  maybe the 120gb version will only be $300 :)
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »
The iPods are quite flexible... you do have some encoding things to worry about but I've begun tagging my flacs and creating a V0 fileset on my Archive DVD's before things get removed from a drive.  If SQ is an issue you can always use apple lossless. The thing I'm enjoying is a true line output via a modified Dock cable to the Headphone Amp of your choice... really a step up in quality.

I can always use my CX-300's straight out of the device for using at the Gym.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »
last year i paid $400 for a 60gb and then about 4 months later i paid $350 for my 80gb (and gave the 60 to my brother in iraq). 

do you want +t's or -t's?  Sweet move dude, for real.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline dunebug81

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
last year i paid $400 for a 60gb and then about 4 months later i paid $350 for my 80gb (and gave the 60 to my brother in iraq). 

do you want +t's or -t's?  Sweet move dude, for real.

meh, it doesnt matter.  youll have to ask my trolls, apparently they know best.

my poor brother gets stuck with guard duty a few times a week and im sure the ipod helps pass the time.  plus its a cool way for us to send him videos and keep him up to date on family events and such.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com