Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Stereo Connection /Mr-1  (Read 1683 times)

Offline CC#

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Mic Stereo Connection /Mr-1
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »
Hi,
  I have a simple question regarding a stereo mic connection to Korgs Mr-1, the mic I was looking at
had L/R combined in one cable (cable is attached to the mic permanently), the Mr-1 has inputs for L/R separately.... what are if any solutions to this, would an adapter cable that can split the signal reduce,degrade the stereo image into the Mr-1?

thanks for your help!

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: Mic Stereo Connection /Mr-1
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »
MR-1 has dual balanced inputs using left/right channel 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack so for most users make or purchase an input adapter cable for this deck.   

No issues with using a well constructed balanced or unbalanced adapter cable having two mini-stereo plugs to whatever connector(s) you require from your mic or preamplifier. 

Suggest, if possible, using adapters with molded right/angle plug types to minimize stress on deck's delicate input jacks.

I have made half dozen adapters like this for MR-1 so PM me stating what you want to connect up if requiring assistance.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com