Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wearing a Kangol  (Read 6959 times)

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Wearing a Kangol
« on: August 19, 2019, 08:13:42 AM »
I recently got a Kangol.  It's a great looking and very comfortable hat that I will likely wear often, and not just when I'm taping.

From what I can tell from various rig setup pictures, it seems that tapers typically wear it in its conventional form with the bill in front.  I taped a show last weekend for the first time wearing the Kangol with the mics inside it.  I decided to turn it around so the bill was in the back because it seemed like the vents on the backside were opened up more compared to the front where the top of the hat flattens out around the bill -- thinking that by wearing it backwards meant the sound didn't have as much material to go through to get to the mics.  Admittedly, I haven't yet tried wearing it the other way and perhaps I'm overthinking this.  I am very satisfied with the result I got, and of course, that's really what counts the most.  But I still want to ask how others wear it while taping and if they have ever noticed a difference.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline DCiora

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Wearing a Kangol
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:33:26 PM »
I collected a number of pictures that music recorders have sent me of their microphone disguises. From what’s been shared with me and what I have been able to share with peers who manage talent we all agree that the disguise is now a dead give away that a unauthorized recording is likely being made. All someone needs to do is to stand directly behind the person wearing the hat and they can confirm the activity.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:42:09 PM »
I collected a number of pictures that music recorders have sent me of their microphone disguises. From what’s been shared with me and what I have been able to share with peers who manage talent we all agree that the disguise is now a dead give away that a unauthorized recording is likely being made. All someone needs to do is to stand directly behind the person wearing the hat and they can confirm the activity.

You're a fucking moron.

Maybe you should focus on getting your "bar and grille" website into this millennium.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 03:50:21 PM by beegar »
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline ideal77dlr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 03:45:55 PM »

This guy is a massive, massive douche.

I’m sure the ‘talent’ you work with is all in your mind and you’re an Incel.
Sony D7 DAT : Edirol R-09HR : CA-11s (cards & OMNIs): CA-14s : SP-CMC-2s : CA-1900

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »

Yawn.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »

Maybe if you actually had talent at your club you could catch a taper.  Have you caught one yet?

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »

Either this is true and you're a moron for letting everyone know you're onto them, or you're full of shit.  So, which is it?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline cajuntaper

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »

Online morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »
Great info!!! this helps me a lot. Do you have any pictures you could share so we all could see this?
Go fuck yourself. Can't we ban this guy's account already?
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline MyBrainOnMusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 08:20:23 AM »
I thought discussion of  >:D was supposed to stay  >:D.  Have the rules changed around here?

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
I thought discussion of  >:D was supposed to stay  >:D.  Have the rules changed around here?

At first I thought this thread should get deleted but I changed my mind. It's a great reminder that people like DCiora actually exists.

I personally think user DCiora is a troll just having some fun with us. Still, others out there can read these discussions. Not sure what they can do about  >:D taping anyway? Will they harass anyone with a hat at their shows? Won't be very popular, and we always find ways to get the work done. :D

I'm actually more worried about new modern technology at bigger venues than some random guy at the local bar.
"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline guitard

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 08:20:00 AM »
That's good stuff Ben - thanks!
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 11:03:32 AM »
Well done Ben...  Gobble Gobble to ya!
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 12:37:51 PM »
i just watched a movie, Killing Hasselhoff.
Campy.

Offline firemt66

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »
I love my kangol hat wish i discovered her eailier,but at least were together now!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com