Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A/V sync problems  (Read 8542 times)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A/V sync problems
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 10:39:55 AM »
2 words..  Plurel Eyes.  Get it.   ;D

Last i checked plural eyes did only synch at one point and not take into account for drift has this changed now?

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
2 words..  Plurel Eyes.  Get it.   ;D

Last i checked plural eyes did only synch at one point and not take into account for drift has this changed now?
same wih fcp I believe
I just got fpcx recently and when I used the built in synch/mutli mix it was on at the beginning but not the end
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »

Really??? I just assumed it was one-stop solution. That's a shame - finding a single sync point seems to be easy enough, it's the stretching and checking that sync is maintained that takes all the time...

I guess you could just chop all your video clips into 10min chunks and let Plural Eyes sync them up to work around this.
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »

Really??? I just assumed it was one-stop solution. That's a shame - finding a single sync point seems to be easy enough, it's the stretching and checking that sync is maintained that takes all the time...

I guess you could just chop all your video clips into 10min chunks and let Plural Eyes sync them up to work around this.

I think  the problem with the "chop and sync" is - you are syncing 2 sources that aren't in tune with each other...(if drift is the issue)

Offline yousef

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »
I think  the problem with the "chop and sync" is - you are syncing 2 sources that aren't in tune with each other...(if drift is the issue)

But I generally only have one audio track running in the final video - I use the audio from each cam as a means to sync and then mute all but the separately recorded audio when everything is lined up.
music>other stuff>ears

runonce

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 02:31:22 PM »

But I generally only have one audio track running in the final video - I use the audio from each cam as a means to sync and then mute all but the separately recorded audio when everything is lined up.

Ah...10-4

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »

In that case any minor non-linearities which remain between the files after one global sync-stretch (not chopping, but just stretching/shrinking the full length file) shouldn't be of consequence.  Using the video from one source and the audio from the other, you only need the sources synced closely enough to eliminate visible 'lip-sync' problems, rather than needing to get them close enough to avoid phase-related problems when mixing the two audio sources.  The first has a far greater tollerance for mismatch than the second.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:38:42 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline yousef

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
In that case any minor non-linearities which remain between the files after one global sync-stretch (not chopping, but just stretching/shrinking the full length file) shouldn't be of consequence.  Using the video from one source and the audio from the other, you only need the sources synced closely enough to eliminate visible 'lip-sync' problems, rather than needing to get them close enough to avoid phase-related problems when mixing the two audio sources.  The first has a far greater tollerance for mismatch than the second.

This is true - and reflects my usual workflow. Having said that, the idea of chopping the video into chunks and letting a program line them all up does sound tempting when compared to some of the trickier experiences I've had when trying to stretch files.
music>other stuff>ears

Offline techgui

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
OK, I put everything back on the time line today, synced the start points and found that after 47 minutes, the drift is 82ms not 3.4 seconds.  Still large enough to hear two distinct clicks, but nowhere as bad as I originally thought.  Don't know how I screwed up the original numbers. 

Just received my PluralEyes software.  Works great.  I just threw the (3) camcorders and the board audio into vegas and let PluralEyes sync everything up.  Then I went back and used Crtl/drag to adjust the end of the soundboard audio to sync with camera 1. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 08:24:32 AM by techgui »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com