Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released  (Read 20227 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2006, 04:44:49 PM »
I am going to be developing some new electronics for the MICROTRACK, what item do you guys want the most?

Thanks

Chris Church

1)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
2)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
3)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
i would have to agree with you on #1 and #2
#3 though hmmmm  :P
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2006, 01:25:12 AM »
I am going to be developing some new electronics for the MICROTRACK, what item do you guys want the most?

Thanks

Chris Church

Better battery management (to squeeze more time out of the battery, and get a better read on time remaining before the battery dies)
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline udovdh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »
- Quick startup/boot (it is so slowww)
- 2GB autosplit, big CF support
- Replacable battery (like Ipod battery, a DIY action), bigger battery
- Get rid of the allways on 12 (or so) dB of gain
- remote?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2006, 11:18:49 AM »

Thanks

Chris Church

Hi guys sorry for the misunderstanding I did not mean firmware I meant I want to develop HARDWARE external devices for the MT.
what is on your wish list for a external product for the MT.

sorry guys!

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2006, 11:52:45 AM »
Hi guys sorry for the misunderstanding I did not mean firmware I meant I want to develop HARDWARE external devices for the MT.

How about an external box that does seamless 2GB auto split   ;D

Sorry I couldn't resist.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »

At 1:55, I had to go for it and restart the microtrack recording. Needless to say, I was pissed that I lost part of the show due to the microtrack's 2GB limit.  And when I did do the save it took FOREVER.  That slow save is just incredibly weak ass programming by m-audio or whatever company actually owns the microtrack development.

Bummer about that. Personally once the show hits a 1.5 hours I start looking for spots where I can stop the file and restart (stage banter, tuning, changing instrument etc...)

Sorry if this was already covered, but is the fast double tap of the record button where you press record to start the next file before the 1st one is done saving (to stop the old file and start a new one as soon as the old one gets written) working ok on this firmware? 

And I agree that the MT can be flaky with different CF cards.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=65514.0;all

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2006, 05:24:28 PM »

Thanks

Chris Church

sorry guys!

Chris Church

Something that shows accurate or usable levels would be great.  If you could design a small LED device that showed 8 or 9 points through which we could measure the VU levels, through either the USB or preferably through the headphone output jack, that would be fantastic.  I find the MT level meters to have too large of a delayed reaction and cannot be read when the screen is off.  Setting levels with my MiniMe > MT is very difficult because the MiniMe only has four monitoring points (but accurate meters), but the MT has many points and inaccurate meters.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2006, 06:20:13 PM »

At 1:55, I had to go for it and restart the microtrack recording. Needless to say, I was pissed that I lost part of the show due to the microtrack's 2GB limit.  And when I did do the save it took FOREVER.  That slow save is just incredibly weak ass programming by m-audio or whatever company actually owns the microtrack development.

Bummer about that. Personally once the show hits a 1.5 hours I start looking for spots where I can stop the file and restart (stage banter, tuning, changing instrument etc...)

Sorry if this was already covered, but is the fast double tap of the record button where you press record to start the next file before the 1st one is done saving (to stop the old file and start a new one as soon as the old one gets written) working ok on this firmware? 

It does work with the new firmware. I don't think you can repeat this too much as it is probably good to let people know this.  8)
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2006, 06:36:27 PM »
big CF support

I use 2 different 8gb CF cards with no problems at all.  1 is a SimpleTech and 1 is a Delkin

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2006, 10:32:33 PM »

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Yah I think its called get an edirol  :P

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »

Thanks

Chris Church

sorry guys!

Chris Church

Something that shows accurate or usable levels would be great.  If you could design a small LED device that showed 8 or 9 points through which we could measure the VU levels, through either the USB or preferably through the headphone output jack, that would be fantastic.  I find the MT level meters to have too large of a delayed reaction and cannot be read when the screen is off.  Setting levels with my MiniMe > MT is very difficult because the MiniMe only has four monitoring points (but accurate meters), but the MT has many points and inaccurate meters.

That is easy to do but how big can it be? If I make it 3.5 x 2.5 x 1" is that ok or do you want smaller?

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2006, 10:35:50 PM »

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Yah I think its called get an edirol  :P

Yeh its actually spelled HDP2.....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2006, 12:31:53 AM »
1. isnt the 2g file limit policy for these types of recorders?

2. battery issues > get a battery pack to usb connect thing and run a big ole 9.6 volt batt

3. the levels on the mt w/ the new fw work fine for me, if you look at the levels and the green and reds, its pretty self explanatory, no?
3a. is that in regards to running analog in? bc with digital all you need to do is keep your eyes on the blinkys on the V3 or whatever pre your using.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2006, 09:00:28 AM »
3. the levels on the mt w/ the new fw work fine for me, if you look at the levels and the green and reds, its pretty self explanatory, no?
3a. is that in regards to running analog in? bc with digital all you need to do is keep your eyes on the blinkys on the V3 or whatever pre your using.

This goes back to a couple of posts.  I don't know if you have ever used a MiniMe, but setting levels with just 4 LED settings, one of which is "over" is almost impossible.  I strongly disagree with the MT levels, even with the new firmware update.  They jump around way too much, there is no "over" indicator (except when it reaches the end of the line), and there is a delay on when it shows the levels, making it difficult to do so.

I don't stealth so I don't care about the size of a level meter.  If I did stealth, I sure wouldn't want to have a bunch of LED lights staring at me all night so that size sounds fine.  Could you use this through the headphone jack while it has a digital input?  I would not want to use this through the USB becasue that is where I have a battery pack.  Would turning the volume all the way up on the headphone input be the same level signal as the digital input?  Also, what would be the price point of this device?
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2006, 11:03:34 AM »
I don't know if you have ever used a MiniMe, but setting levels with just 4 LED settings, one of which is "over" is almost impossible.  I strongly disagree with the MT levels, even with the new firmware update.

Impossible?  Woo hoo.. I have recordings that were "impossible" to make!  ;)
I suppose that no meters recording I did the other night.. was "beyond impossible"..

So why doesn't the peak hold tell you where you are peaking?  I find it very clear on the mt. It would be nice if the scale was calibrated but it isn't hard to put a sticker on the face as a reminder. The r09 meters are extremely fast with no peak hold and it is difficult to see where it is peaking.

The mt meters will *NEVER* be fast because it is an LCD display.

I have a minime.. I found the 4 LEDs challenging when I was starting out.. I even bought an SVU so I'd have a lot of LEDs to look at... I quickly grew accustomed to the minime meters and stopped using the svu.  I now think the minime meters are just fine.  Just a question of how often/hard I'm hitting the -12 and if I'm ever seeing -2.  One downside to the minime is you can't easily set it to 30 dB of gain.. You have to set the gain dials to 1:30 or whatever.. So my minime recording notes tend to be in clock terms. I think that is a main source of challenge, the setting and not the metering.

These days I need even less metering.  I always think in terms of how much dB gain I need for a particular venue/band combo. I usually have most of the meters on the 722 taped over because I don't want to annoy people.  The only thing exposed is -12 thru 0 and I expect to rarely see the -12 lit.

There was a time when I thought peaking at -1 was perfect..  But many A/Ds distort at those levels and many pre amps are beyond their optimal range. I've seen the results myself.  Just send some sine waves through the gear.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com