Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Camcorder recommendations

<< < (3/3)

spyder9:

--- Quote from: guitard on September 18, 2020, 05:57:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: spyder9 on September 18, 2020, 03:21:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: guitard on September 18, 2020, 09:18:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: spyder9 on September 15, 2020, 01:09:51 AM ---I wouldn't bother bringing it to big shows at big arenas.  I rather record the audio for those shows and let the big production companies do the pro-filming (nugs, livephish).
--- End quote ---

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of arena concerts in my lifetime, and I only know of a couple of them that were professionally filmed (and released).  Is that becoming the norm?

--- End quote ---

yup   https://nugs.tv/

--- End quote ---

That link is mostly about webcasts that are performed for virtual audiences ... so there is no option to record the audio yourself at the venue.  Not to mention, most of them are filmed at small venues (Ardmore Music Hall, Stubb's BBQ, El Mocambo, etc.) -- so they are not "big shows at big arenas."

I stand by my original statement: very few big arena concerts are professionally filmed and made available.

--- End quote ---

good luck with that.

willndmb:

--- Quote from: DavidPuddy on November 08, 2019, 04:35:58 PM ---There's a Canon camcorder in the yard sale that hits pretty much all of your points (except mic power). Get a $15 USB adapter from Amazon so you can use a power bank and you're good to go.

You're not going to find a camcorder that puts out enough volts to power the mics we use. You can run the stereo out from your deck to the camera though.

--- End quote ---
not sure what one it is but I have a Canon r___ and love it
Has mic in for live “dubbing” if you do audio too
Price for features can’t be beat

Elvis Hitler:
I've been happy with the Canon Vixia HF G series (I own G10, G20, G30 and G50 which is 4K).  They all have external mic inputs, but the G10 and G20 don't have standard mounts on top to accommodate a shotgun mic, while the G30 and above do.

RyanJ:

--- Quote from: Elvis Hitler on April 07, 2024, 08:32:38 AM ---I've been happy with the Canon Vixia HF G series (I own G10, G20, G30 and G50 which is 4K).  They all have external mic inputs, but the G10 and G20 don't have standard mounts on top to accommodate a shotgun mic, while the G30 and above do.

--- End quote ---

I have a G70 and i've had issues with filming with it. Slow frame rate with really fast lighting on stage.. How manual do you run the cameras?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version