Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transfer issues with JB3 to Computer help  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Hatfield

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • blue light is rolling in between the clouds
Transfer issues with JB3 to Computer help
« on: May 12, 2006, 01:27:20 PM »
Over the past two weeks I've had the same issue with trying to transfer my JB3 files to my computer and I'm really looking for some help.

I use Firewire to transfer from JB3>Creative Playcenter>cdwav for tracking.

Well it sounds fine on the home computer (cdwav and Playcenter), but when I go to rip it to a cd the cd ALWAYS has some high end pops.

I upgraded my cdwav program, changed out the firewire cable, but the end result is the same.. POPS >:(

I thought it might be my cd burner going out, BUT when I pull some other shows off the computer I've taped in the past they sound FINE ???

I can plug the JB3 direct into my home stereo... NO PROBLEMS

I guess i'm looking for any help right now and the only thing I haven't tried yet is just going USB>Playcenter thinking the issue my be the Firewire port on the jb3 or the home computer.

Anyone else had any issu like this at all?

Oh yeah... I also upgraded by winamp program, but surely that can't cause this issue.

PLEASE HELP!!!  :-[
AKG 480+ (ck61,ck62,ck63) > Oade m148 > SD 722
AKG (ck61,ck62,ck63) > JKLabs ECMS-22 > SD722
Where'd I go, why'd I go, I don't know, musta been zydeco  :spin:
uh....Martin, you are in charge of all handjobs and blowjobs.
see rule 26 in the Dirty South manual.

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Transfer issues with JB3 to Computer help
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 10:18:19 PM »
only thing i can think of is firmware on the jb3 is yours current?
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

Offline Hatfield

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »
This is a real long shot but how full is your hard drive and when is the last time you defragged and how much memory do you have in your computer and are you runinng any other apps while you burn your cd's ? lots of questions :)

Chris Church

Over the past two weeks I've had the same issue with trying to transfer my JB3 files to my computer and I'm really looking for some help.

I use Firewire to transfer from JB3>Creative Playcenter>cdwav for tracking.

Well it sounds fine on the home computer (cdwav and Playcenter), but when I go to rip it to a cd the cd ALWAYS has some high end pops.

I upgraded my cdwav program, changed out the firewire cable, but the end result is the same.. POPS >:(

I thought it might be my cd burner going out, BUT when I pull some other shows off the computer I've taped in the past they sound FINE ???

I can plug the JB3 direct into my home stereo... NO PROBLEMS

I guess i'm looking for any help right now and the only thing I haven't tried yet is just going USB>Playcenter thinking the issue my be the Firewire port on the jb3 or the home computer.

Anyone else had any issu like this at all?

Oh yeah... I also upgraded by winamp program, but surely that can't cause this issue.

PLEASE HELP!!!  :-[

Chris,

I was thinking along the same lines as you so I did a Defrag yesterday (for the first time since I've owned my computer) while I left the house for the night.  Tried it again this morning... same thing.
I also dumped a lot of old flac files to disc that were on my computer... I'm in the process of taking all of them off now.
I have 111 GB hard drive and as of right now I have over 40 GB of hard drive space available.
No, I've even tried to just run cdwav while tracking.. then save it.. then open my burning software program... still the same result.

Anyone think that winamp AND/OR my Software burner program may be corupt(spelling ???) ?

Offline Hatfield

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 10:09:32 PM »
Well, it looks like it must be something on the JB3 that is causing the issue ::) 

I've tried everything now and it all seems to be either my jb3 or something in my strand of gear.

I went ahead and transferred the last "good" show (outformation) again from the JB3 to the computer with the firewire, then on to cd wave.  Did a quick track out and then moved on to burn the disc... No Problems  ::)

Sooo here I am again wondering what in the hell the problem could be.  I changed out my optical cable before the panic show, but that didn't seem to help.  I know my connections are good, but I have added some extra gear over the past couple of months. 

I guess tomorrow I'll plug everything up and run "home stereo" style and try to figure it out.

Hope its not the m148 causing the issue, or my new cables.

Man this sucks!! >:(

stirinthesauce

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 10:58:26 PM »
Well, it looks like it must be something on the JB3 that is causing the issue ::) 

I've tried everything now and it all seems to be either my jb3 or something in my strand of gear.

I went ahead and transferred the last "good" show (outformation) again from the JB3 to the computer with the firewire, then on to cd wave.  Did a quick track out and then moved on to burn the disc... No Problems  ::)

Sooo here I am again wondering what in the hell the problem could be.  I changed out my optical cable before the panic show, but that didn't seem to help.  I know my connections are good, but I have added some extra gear over the past couple of months. 

I guess tomorrow I'll plug everything up and run "home stereo" style and try to figure it out.

Hope its not the m148 causing the issue, or my new cables.

Man this sucks!! >:(

+t for your troubles, Brian.   :(

Offline Hatfield

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 05:19:12 PM »
Got it figured out... thanks for all that helped!

Damn you Jon! ;)

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »
so what was it?  did it sound ok in cd wave?  oops just read that it did.  then would have to be in the saving or the burning.  oh nad itstead of playcenter check out nomad explorer.  it is way better imo to go from jb3 > computer.  works in windows explorer.  all you do is drag and drop.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=213&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=1&Product_Name=NOMAD+Jukebox+Zen+NX&Product_ID=4836&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&x=33&y=18

the last one (number 5)
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

stirinthesauce

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 11:39:17 PM »
so what was it?  did it sound ok in cd wave?  oops just read that it did.  then would have to be in the saving or the burning.  oh nad itstead of playcenter check out nomad explorer.  it is way better imo to go from jb3 > computer.  works in windows explorer.  all you do is drag and drop.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?MainCategory=213&sOSName=Windows+XP&region=1&Product_Name=NOMAD+Jukebox+Zen+NX&Product_ID=4836&modelnumber=&driverlang=1033&OS=10&drivertype=0&x=33&y=18

the last one (number 5)

No, it was my fault  ;D  When I borrowed the v3 and brick the other week, I set the sampling rate on the v3 for 48k since that is what my d7 takes.  I never set it back.  Since Brian always runs 44.1k, this threw him for a loop, he was recording in 48 thinking it was in 44.1 and his software didn't like that when burning discs.  So I had to show him how to use the wavelab I gave him.  Sorry Brian for the headache  :) 

Note to others that lend me gear, I may change your settings and forget to tell you  ;)  :D

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 12:05:11 AM »
was the jb3 set to record at 44 or 48?  if 44 and if he still has the original wave files they can be fixed using wavelab.  last summer at a show my v3 got switched to 88 for a few songs.  thought I was screwed.  open in wavlab and change the header back to the original bit rate and then resample.  worked for me and the 88 that recorded at 44 sounded horrible.  way, way slowed down.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

stirinthesauce

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 12:09:51 AM »
was the jb3 set to record at 44 or 48?  if 44 and if he still has the original wave files they can be fixed using wavelab.  last summer at a show my v3 got switched to 88 for a few songs.  thought I was screwed.  open in wavlab and change the header back to the original bit rate and then resample.  worked for me and the 88 that recorded at 44 sounded horrible.  way, way slowed down.

yeah, I showed him how to resample, so I think he is gonna have everything worked out.  Quick question though Gordon on the jb3 as I just picked one up.  When I set my ua-5 to 48, I notice that my jb3 recognized this and automatically records to this setting when recording optical in.  When I set the ua-5 to 44.1, the jb3 recognizes that and records in that format(atleast that is what it says when recording).  So did I just read your post wrong on the first sentence of your post or is that what you meant?

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 12:15:59 AM »
you are right.  going optical it will know which sample rate.  if you go line in you choose.   with my fuck up it eho knows what it recorded at  b/c the sample rate was 88 something and the jb3 can only do 48 or 44.  I got lucky with the header thing in wavelab and got it to work.

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:20:38 AM »
oh and you will love the jb3 for 16 bit   ;D  and get nomad explorer.  way better than creative playcenter.

stirinthesauce

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 12:24:57 AM »
oh and you will love the jb3 for 16 bit   ;D  and get nomad explorer.  way better than creative playcenter.

Already do, damn tapes are everywhere, unlabeled masters, hell I don't know what I do and don't have transferred.  Think the deck is retired except for sbd patching and backup at festies.  Just have to get a longer battery solution for the festy days.  I'll check your link for the nomad explorer.  Thanks!

Offline Hatfield

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »

the last one (number 5)

Gordon,

Thanks for the link.. I've always used Playcenter for transfers, but always saw that most people like nomad explorer better.  I'll check it out.  Thanks +T

Man, glad it wasn't as bad as what I thought.. I was getting ready to just put everything up and say f@*k it for awhile.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com