Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps Kwon Bar with AKG CK1x Actives??  (Read 2134 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
Schoeps Kwon Bar with AKG CK1x Actives??
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:39:17 AM »
Will this work? I read somewhere that the openings on the Kwon bar are about 8mm in diameter, which is what the diameter of the lemo connectors are... so I think this would work. Has anyone tried?

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
Re: Schoeps Kwon Bar with AKG CK1x Actives??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 04:30:39 AM »
I will say that the Kwon bars are fairly precisely engineered and even if the AKGs fit in the bar, they length of the capsule and cable connector are much longer than that of the schoeps, so the distance between the diaphragms would not be true ORTF, etc. If you want to use the standard measurements for distance and angle, you'd be better off with a Vark bar or making your own Kwon style bar.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Team Canada
Re: Schoeps Kwon Bar with AKG CK1x Actives??
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »
I will say that the Kwon bars are fairly precisely engineered and even if the AKGs fit in the bar, they length of the capsule and cable connector are much longer than that of the schoeps, so the distance between the diaphragms would not be true ORTF, etc. If you want to use the standard measurements for distance and angle, you'd be better off with a Vark bar or making your own Kwon style bar.

I'm not too concerned with having exact positioning.. as long as it's close. just wanted to make sure they would fit... ie. has someone tried it successfully?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com