Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BT Seeding Woes  (Read 3213 times)

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
BT Seeding Woes
« on: July 09, 2008, 08:09:48 AM »
i don't know what i'm doing wrong here:

i get my files ready create the torrent. then i log onto bt.etree and setup the torrent. i get to the "you can now begin seeding" page. i find the torrent i just created: click on it and select a folder. the torrent won't connect to peers. it shows it's @ 0% with no seeders.

i've tried 3 different torrents on two different sites: etree and dime. i also tried both ABC and uTorrent. for some reason my torrent won't seed. i verified my clients are working by jumping on another torrent as a leech. it d/ls fine

i checked my ports and firewall settings and everything seems good to go. i just can't get anything to seed. am i missing something?

edit to say: i am using comcast, but have never experienced a torrent not seeding at all. i thought i was just being impatient and maybe it needed a little time to seed. so i left it running overnight. this morning it was still trying to connect to peers.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:13:01 AM by T.J. »

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: BT Seeding Woes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:22:53 AM »
try downloading the .torrent file from the website once you've uploaded your original .torrent file and created the entry on the tracker.

i know that's the way it works on dimeadozen, since they track stats for individual users.  i wouldn't think bt.etree needs that technique, but it worked for me using the above method as recently as yesterday.

i can't help you on the comcast end of things, though.  are they still tampering with bt traffic?

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 08:30:22 AM »
try downloading the .torrent file from the website once you've uploaded your original .torrent file and created the entry on the tracker.

i know that's the way it works on dimeadozen, since they track stats for individual users.  i wouldn't think bt.etree needs that technique, but it worked for me using the above method as recently as yesterday.

i can't help you on the comcast end of things, though.  are they still tampering with bt traffic?

thanks peter! i don't torrent much, mainly b/c it seems like such a pain compared to uploading to the LMA. my problem is i can't even get the torrent to start seeding. i tried the method you mentioned with etree and it looks like i'm trying to d/l from a torrent with no seeders. i can't seem to get the damn thing started...and it frustrates the hell out of me!!! even this morning when it was still @ 0% and d/ling i tried clicking on the torrent again (hoping it would start seeding) and NOTHING. it still shows 0% and it's trying to d/l.

i feel like i'm doing something wrong, but the process is so simple there is little to screw up. plus the fact that utorrent and ABC can d/l torrents leads me to believe my settings are okay

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:07:46 AM »
try a non-standard bittorent port on your router instead of 6881. for example i forward port 50001 on my router for BT and make sure you BT client is setup to recognixe the same port

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:18:24 AM »
try a non-standard bittorent port on your router instead of 6881. for example i forward port 50001 on my router for BT and make sure you BT client is setup to recognixe the same port

i'l give it a shot, but if i'm able to d/l using the ports already configured to my system i would assume the same ports will be okay for uploading. i just can't get the torrent to "click" and begin seeding.

when i first try to seed, ABC says "rejected by tracker" which is pretty common if you don't give it enough time. but after a bit i try again and it just trys to connect to peers. no download or upload speed is detected just when trying to seed. i've never had the problem until now....  :-\

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:41:53 AM »

i'l give it a shot, but if i'm able to d/l using the ports already configured to my system i would assume the same ports will be okay for uploading. i just can't get the torrent to "click" and begin seeding.

when i first try to seed, ABC says "rejected by tracker" which is pretty common if you don't give it enough time. but after a bit i try again and it just trys to connect to peers. no download or upload speed is detected just when trying to seed. i've never had the problem until now....  :-\

tracker may be down. i can't see any bt.etree blocked at work.
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline J.Maye

• Formerly Phan2001
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »
I would try using utorrent and encrypting the file if you havent already done so. Comcast is a pain in the ass.

Ive had the exact same problem you described. In utorrent, I can drag and drop the torrent icon into the app and it tells me something like "already downloaded, do you want to seed this torrent" or something like that. Basically, it recognizes you have a complete file set already and asks you if you are trying to seed. If you select yes you will show up as a seed. Then you can remove your "seed" thats trying to download.
AKG CK91/92/93/94>mk93/h98>se300b>BM2P+ua5>M10
Or
CA ST11 (C,O)>9100>M10
Busman T mod R4

Offline ethan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Go Buffs!
    • COTapers.org
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »

I thought he said the problem was being 0% when he should be seeding. Check the directory you are downloading too it may be different than the one you intend to see from.

-e
COtapers.org - "We're higher than your average taper"

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »

I thought he said the problem was being 0% when he should be seeding. Check the directory you are downloading too it may be different than the one you intend to see from.

-e

correct. i'm not sure what the problem is. after the torrent is created using utorrent and setup in etree i doubleclick the torrent expecting it to jump from 0% to 100% and seed. it can't connect to achieve this. like i said before: i can d/l torrents as a leech without a problem. so it either has to be:

-something with my connection (comcast)
-something with my configuration (in utorrent)

i can't play around with it until i get home from work. it is soooooooooooooooooooo frustrating when you can't figure out something so simple that you've done numerous times in the past.

Offline kfrinkle

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Karl Frinkle Dot Net
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
when you first dload the torrent file and run it, it should open up your favorite torrent client... At that point, the program should be verifying the data that SHOULD be in the torrented directory.  So if you still get a big fat 0% complete, I agree with Ethan that your directories are messed up somewhere... I know that when I seed a show, I manually put the show in my 'finished downloads' folder and that means that when I run the torrent for the first time, I have to manually select that folder instead of my usual 'downloads' folder.... If that makes any sense... The 0% really does it for me though in thinking that you are just having directory pointing issues (unless you made a very bunk torrent file to begin with)....
-Karl
MBHO KA200n's > Naiant Tinybox (v2.1) > Sony PCM-M10
http://tooldriveproject.net

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
are you using encryption? comcast will hose your upload if not.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »
are you using encryption? comcast will hose your upload if not.

not sure. i haven't set up a torrent since people here started having problems with comcast. so i'm starting to believe i have to change some setting b/c of comcast. is encryption something i can setup in utorrent?

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »
i think so. i wish i could help further but, i use azeurus.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline T.J.

• My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 06:10:09 PM »
hey now! long time for this one, but i think i finally got things going. uTorrent is SOOOOOO much better than ABC IMHO. turns out it was just a directory problem.

thanks again to all who helped!

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 06:56:58 PM »
hey now! long time for this one, but i think i finally got things going. uTorrent is SOOOOOO much better than ABC IMHO. turns out it was just a directory problem.

thanks again to all who helped!
:yack:
Kind of like firefox over IE :P
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com