Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: encoding 24bit with TLH  (Read 5477 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: encoding 24bit with TLH
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
Another thing that has caught me is saving a file in 32bit from my editor.

Argh.  I think you're probably onto something.  The files are recognized by CEP as 32-bit, which has always seemed to be the default working environment.  What's the correct way to save them as 24 bit, and is anything valuable really lost?  I resample/dither a set of 16/44.1 files using the Batch File Convert option, but the only bit depth options are 8, 16, and 32.  I apparently need to adjust my workflow, but am not sure how given the options that CEP seems to be giving me.

I'm using a much newer version  Audition CS5.5. But in the CS5.5 and V3.0  when you open the file in waveform view go to edit > convert sample type > you get a choice via a drop down menu.  OR use something else to get bitrate you want.  R8brain, is a good quality and free.  I always work in 32bit realm and save that way too.  I either use the convert sample rate under edit, or if I want to get a little higher quality I use Izotope RZ advanced.  But Izotope is not free.  I'm not sure of batch settings and I still use cdwave for tracking. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 24 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com