Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: first run with the firewire 410  (Read 1719 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
first run with the firewire 410
« on: May 09, 2004, 01:25:43 PM »
well i finally got to run the firewire 410 last night. taped the local band that i archive for (keep on the lookout for a torrent if your interested)

first impressions are great. i havent been able to do any critical listening, but it sounds great

had a few issues, like one time hitting 2 gigs and not realizing it for 3 minutes... as i was using soundforge that doesnt have an auto split :( looks like i will be using wavelab from now on since im doing 24/96

i did a little experimentation also, ran xy one set and DIN for one set and a 4-5 song encore

did half the show in 24/96 and half in 24/48 to do some comps there also

the lights on this thing are definantly a wook/drunk magnet, it has the annoying light similar to the mme that says its on, and a bright ass light that is red saying phantom is on, and them a green light and clip light for each channel. the green ones dimming with the signal strength

i was 20ft from anyone, and watched a kid go straight for my stuff, grabbed the picturebook and 410 and tossed them off my nova 5, like maybe he was trying to get a beer out of the cooler(that was actually my gear bag instead) or something.... and also had a guy actually sit his beer on my laptop (that was closed) and expect it to be cool....

good solid night of tunes though, with just a few mishaps, but youl have that when running strictly laptop like this

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
Re:first run with the firewire 410
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »
+T for the first field test.  Glad you like it.

I often obstruct the front of the unit so that the hippies don't get drawn into the lights. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 07:28:33 PM »
i will definantly be doing that from now on.... i just didnt think that it would be that bad last night... never underestimate a crown full of drunken rednecks though

radioboy1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 08:04:18 PM »

had a few issues, like one time hitting 2 gigs and not realizing it for 3 minutes... as i was using soundforge that doesnt have an auto split :( looks like i will be using wavelab from now on since im doing 24/96

unlike wavelab, soundforge does not record directly to hard disc, so soundforge will record a .wav file for an indefinite period of time.  the catch is that you can't save a file over 2 gigs as a .wav file, but you can save a file larger than 2 gigs as a .w64 file.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 10:13:55 PM »
starting with ver6, SoundForge records direct to the hard-drive. just point its temp space(under options/preferences) to the drive where you want to record to.

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com