Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SB Patch Questions  (Read 1600 times)

Offline hydrorush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
SB Patch Questions
« on: December 12, 2004, 04:26:04 PM »
Im going to a show next week to tape it. I only have a laptop and ...nothing else. I'm supposed to get a soundboard patch but i don't know how to use that in conjunction with my computer , are there any cables i need, also what recording software does everyone use, i was going to use Ce2K

Offline edgar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: SB Patch Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 03:22:48 AM »
i dont know what warez and such you may use, or even what youd need to run between the board and the laptop...but most medium to large size soundboards have XLR outs...you'll want to find a pair that run into either rca, or mini, depending on what if anything youll be putting inbetwen sbd>pc.

smaller clubs/boards will typically have an rca out. i'd say its best to come prepared and bring both. also, dont forget a lil somethin somethin for the sound guy.
SP-CMC-2>SP-SPSB-2>M1

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 09:53:52 AM »
you should get an analog>digital converter for the signal from the board.  then run the digital out from the A>D converter, into your computer with something like a VXPocket. it may sound like overkill, but it is the best way to laptop from the board.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 12:49:14 PM »
i dont know what warez and such you may use, or even what youd need to run between the board and the laptop...but most medium to large size soundboards have XLR outs...you'll want to find a pair that run into either rca, or mini, depending on what if anything youll be putting inbetwen sbd>pc.

smaller clubs/boards will typically have an rca out. i'd say its best to come prepared and bring both. also, dont forget a lil somethin somethin for the sound guy.

I would have 1/4 cables as well....
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com