Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Phantompower + power!?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline perik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Phantompower + power!?
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:56:55 PM »
Hi!

Im going to use Iriver H120 for field recording.

I know that the Iriver H120 provides with around 3 v power. But what happens if I connect a battery box between the Iriver and a phantompowered mic. Will that then be 3v + 48v = 51v?

Can this harm my mic?

Most of the time (not always) I will use the Denecke AD20 in between the mic and Iriver. Will it be the same thing there? Are there going to be higher voltage if I connect a small phantompower unit in beween the Denecke AD20 and the mic?

thanks for help

Perik

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Phantompower + power!?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:05:22 PM »
i don't THINK you add the voltage, but if you do 51 will not harm your mics or other gear
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Phantompower + power!?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:22:20 PM »
Hi!

Im going to use Iriver H120 for field recording.

I know that the Iriver H120 provides with around 3 v power. But what happens if I connect a battery box between the Iriver and a phantompowered mic. Will that then be 3v + 48v = 51v?

Can this harm my mic?

Most of the time (not always) I will use the Denecke AD20 in between the mic and Iriver. Will it be the same thing there? Are there going to be higher voltage if I connect a small phantompower unit in beween the Denecke AD20 and the mic?

thanks for help

Perik

The phantom power supply should have dc blocking caps at the output of the device, so you are ok. Plug in power voltage is not the same as phantom supply voltage. The voltage from your edirol will not pass thru the phantom supply. So you will have the proper 48 volts you require.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com