Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Dead Rat questions?????  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Dead Rat questions?????
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:15:55 PM »
Ok, first I wanted to share a little story and then on to my question.

Yesterday I was working on making myself some dead rats for my 414s and in the middle of the project my brother in law walks by and says, "what the hell is that, a dead rat?".  I nearly pissed myself when I saw the look of confusion on his face as I replied, "EXACTLEY!"

Now my question is this.  I made these things and I am not a very craftsy kind of guy.  On the top corners there is a little opening where I had to fold the fabric together.  So a tiny bit of the corners of each rat is open.  Will this negate the effects of the dead rat, or will it create some sort of wind tunnel that will actually bring about extra wind noise?  Just don't wannt shoot myself in the foot here.
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Dead Rat questions?????
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »
I do not know about dead rats but here is a live one.

PS its not mine I think they are just a tad bit creepy.

Chris Church

Ok, first I wanted to share a little story and then on to my question.

Yesterday I was working on making myself some dead rats for my 414s and in the middle of the project my brother in law walks by and says, "what the hell is that, a dead rat?".  I nearly pissed myself when I saw the look of confusion on his face as I replied, "EXACTLEY!"

Now my question is this.  I made these things and I am not a very craftsy kind of guy.  On the top corners there is a little opening where I had to fold the fabric together.  So a tiny bit of the corners of each rat is open.  Will this negate the effects of the dead rat, or will it create some sort of wind tunnel that will actually bring about extra wind noise?  Just don't wannt shoot myself in the foot here.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Low Spark

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Dead Rat questions?????
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »
Joe if you turn them inside out and just throw a stitch or two in each corner you should be fine. You coming to Allgood. Hope to see you there.

Tony
Mics: AKG 481

American by Birth - A Southerner by the Grace of God.

I caught myself pumping the air with my fist, throwing elbows and getting down like an 18-year-old on his first mushroom trip on the lawn at Raleigh. But since every night is Saturday

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.17 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com