Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New microphone distributors....  (Read 6544 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:New microphone distributors....
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2004, 09:21:32 AM »
i doubt sonic sense will be cheaper, but worth a shot. call everyone- see who can get you the best price.  also never forget to ask for free shipping- its always worth a shot.  don't be afraid to bargain :-)

Offline mhibbs

• Taperssection Member
  • it's all about the GA preamps
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2004, 01:41:24 PM »
I don't think Frank is an AKG dealer, but I could be wrong.  Frank made a huge impression on me a couple of years ago b/c I had just purchased 50 Maxell DDS tapes from him right about the time that the discussion heated up about them eating heads, Oade did some tests to confirm, etc.  After hearing about this, I asked Frank if there was any way I could send them back and trade them for Sony DDS.  Not only did Frank take them back, he also split the shipping w/ me.   We've since met and become good friends, but at the time, I was nothing more than a noname customer, and that one experience was enough to make me buy everything I can from him from now on.  

mitch
Oade preamp museum curator

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2004, 03:27:41 PM »
Who's Frank?  If he's with either sonic sense or dale pro, then yes they deal with AKG's.
Mike

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2004, 04:01:29 PM »
i doubt sonic sense will be cheaper, but worth a shot. call everyone- see who can get you the best price.  also never forget to ask for free shipping- its always worth a shot.  don't be afraid to bargain :-)

And the number you gave me for dale pro isn't in service :(
Mike

jpschust

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2004, 07:08:36 PM »
888-462-7828, their 800 number- masterpiece was purchased by dalepro, i must have pulled up an old listing from switchboard.com

Offline hoyt

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://www.the-hoyts.com
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 08:57:42 PM »
Don't forget http://www.bhphotovideo.com - They usually have very good prices on stands/ mounts/ accessories.  They have the shure a27m for $7 less than dale pro audio.  They also have a very nice used section.  Plus if you're in NYC, their store is amazing.

--hoyt
dpa4028/4023/4011er > sx-m2d2/ sx-r4+

jpschust

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 08:59:12 PM »
dalepro will meet and beat virtually any price, 10x the service of bh- who, imho, are not the best people in the world (had a number of really bad experiences with them)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 09:03:07 PM »
i can second that..i have had bad experiences with BH also...damn yankees!!  haha..j/k  but I have bought alot from them in the past(my best friend/my brother/and I are all photogrphers also) ...not the best!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 09:05:46 PM by razorback »
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

jpschust

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 09:05:01 PM »
link to what?

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »
Who's Frank?  If he's with either sonic sense or dale pro, then yes they deal with AKG's.

Frank runs Cascade Media and they don't realy deal in AKG.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline phishn

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a lizard!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2004, 10:38:25 AM »
Thanks to all for the recommendations.  I ordered my 93 caps and a shure vert bar on tuesday with daleproaudio.  Not only did these guys have the lowest price for the caps around, but they went out of their way to make sure I got them.  They had the vert bar in stock, but was out of stock of the 93's.  They had the 93 caps fedexed directly from AKG without an extra charge.  I recieved both packages yesterday and am a very satisfied customer.
AKG391/92/93's-> Hydra Silver XLR's -> UA-5(Oade warm mod) -> Microtrack II,JB3

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2004, 11:54:12 PM »
I second the experience with daleproaudio.  Excellent customer service.  I ordered the Shure vert bar, shockmounts, and windscreens via two-day fedex.  They didn't have the shockmounts in stock when I called them the next day wondering if my order had been shipped.  He said he was waiting for the shockmounts, but then he saw that I ordered 2-day shipping and he would sub in AT mounts until the Shure mounts came in.  He was also going to send it overnight for no additional charge (I ended up not going to the show :().  They'll get all of my business from here on out :).  Maybe I'll see if they can get me the AKG 480 swivels.
Mike

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 02:27:08 PM »
b&h is shit. a stand i got from them totally fell apart and they ignored my e-mails and everything about returning it. very unhelpful

edit..that was always meant to read b&h i was thinking about mbho mics and my fingers got confused when typing lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 03:30:27 PM by Jon »
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

jpschust

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 02:30:09 PM »
who is bho?  b&h?

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 02:54:51 PM »
I vote for cascademedia, though I have nothing negative to say about dalepro, Jamie and Aaron have always taken good care of me, I simply choose to support Frank
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com