Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Schoeps stereo bar/shockmounts  (Read 2316 times)

Offline kidtexas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Schoeps stereo bar/shockmounts
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:25:08 PM »
I'll be getting a pair of schoeps (mk4's + mk8) sometime in the next week.  As there stuff is getting pretty expensive, I was wondering about shockmounts and stereo bars.  

I figure I will end up with a pair of A20's.  How do the A20s's do with just a cmc64?  Are there better options for less money?  Also, what is the general consensus on the UMS 20 stereo bar?  I like the fact that it does MS, but there has to be something out there that is just as good/usable for less dough.  

What shockmounts and stereo bars would you guys recommend?  Hit me with "money is no object" and "good enough" suggestions.  Thanks!

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:Schoeps stereo bar/shockmounts
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 12:03:07 AM »
If money is no object then the UMS bar is THE BEST bar out there IMO for mulitple stereo techniques.  I own it and love it!
Get the A20s's...the elastic is MUCH stronger.

Dave
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline kidtexas

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 12:14:27 AM »
Sounds good to me.  The way I was looking was that the UMS is not that much more expensive than the AMS22+ that shure stereo bar (something like $100 more), and would let me do all that those two would do, plus blumlein.  Thanks too about the a20s.

Tim

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 12:36:20 AM »
If money is no object then the UMS bar is THE BEST bar out there IMO for mulitple stereo techniques.  I own it and love it!
Get the A20s's...the elastic is MUCH stronger.

Dave

What he said ;) Thanks....Jason
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

Offline utahtaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 01:07:29 AM »
FWIW I never used the A20's with mine. As much force as it takes to snap the mic into the mount, I was always worried they would scratch the mic.  I swear by AT's
Recording:
SKM 140's>LC3>ACM660

Playback:
Tascam DA30MKII DAT player
Jolida Tube CD player

Sota Saphire w/grado TLZ> Melos 333> Melos 400 monoblocks> Legacy Focus

Mcintosh MR71>c22>MC60 monoblocks

Offline kidtexas

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 08:31:33 AM »
FWIW I never used the A20's with mine. As much force as it takes to snap the mic into the mount, I was always worried they would scratch the mic.  I swear by AT's
I thought I had read something to this effect.  What is the model number on the AT mounts?  Or is there only one?

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 11:34:56 AM »
I agree, the AT mounts I like wayyyyy better, they are bigger, but don't require as much force to put them in, and the last thing you want to do is scratch up the nice grey finish ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com