Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need Schoeps advice  (Read 7628 times)

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
Re:Need Schoeps advice
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 07:02:20 PM »
my understanding is that supercard doesn't have the rear lobe that hypercard does.  The tradeoff is that it's a slightly wider pickup pattern in the front lobe (between true hyper and card, but much closer to hyper).
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline Tim

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 07:07:19 PM »
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 07:08:45 PM »
I guess I'll add that while I have heard good 4v tapes I prefer the 4's or 41's to the 4v's. The highend rise in the V's can be a bit bright in some situations.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

KC5

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 07:30:47 PM »
i've heard plenty of 4v tapes usually with a vms or billbox and mod sbm-1.  and allmost always run fob.  maybe it's the modsbm-1 or running fob, but i like the 4v sound in these recordings.  of course, my favorite cap is the 41 ;D

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 09:18:10 PM »
Sounds like the 5's are what you want.
I still think the 41's are the best cap Schoeps makes...although I say that while I am pondering how to steal Jason's 5's...   ;)  :P

Dave
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 09:52:07 PM »
Good luck Dave....I've got them locked up until Vegas ;)

Thanks....Jason
"Music soothes the beast in a man"...Joseph Stalin

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Schoeps MK21/MK41/MK5/M222's>Elvo NT222's>Grace V3>SD 722

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »
so sideshow,...... do schmeps sound like that front tire? :P
:fight:
:lol:
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 11:59:27 PM »
so sideshow,...... do schmeps sound like that front tire? :P
:fight:

I can dance to them ;)

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."  Abraham Lincoln (Dec. 18, 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives)

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 12:12:23 AM »
no wonder your opinion  of them is so high, gotta rock in that box d00d!

where do them mics go?

You know you are jealous ;) I'll hook you up......
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 12:14:24 AM by sideshowbob »

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 12:20:29 AM »
speakers ;D

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 12:26:16 AM »
Turn that crap down!!!!  ;D

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 12:31:41 AM »
ahhh, a properly sized avi! :lol:

stfu punk!

;)

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 12:47:38 AM »
Hopefully, since you've highjacked this thread, the poster has had his schoeps questions answered.
If they have any further questions I be sure to post your cell # for further questions ::)

ready to call uncle yet? or shall I continue the barrage?

I like the MK5's. I have used them indoors and out in different circumstances. The switchable feature is very nice too. My Phish Miami shows are up somewhere, so look for those if you want to hear the 5's indoors. Also, look for Scott's MK5 split omni source on etree, and Dave's split omni Phish Utah from the summer. Overall, I love them.  I have the 21's, 41's, and 5's and am quite drawn to the 5's.

I think our power hungry moderator should have looked into the CCM5's, but what do I know ::) ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 12:52:26 AM by sideshowbob »

Offline sideshowbob

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 01:37:32 AM »
If they have any further questions I be sure to post your cell # for further questions ::)

I have your number too ;)

Offline C.Clark

• Rediscovering the Magic!
    • Too Many Shows!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 02:02:51 AM »
thats camden right, my stand to the right with the green cables, back then i was running mp-2>adc-20 borrowed from nick culbreth, im such a gear slut and hope to come to the darkside at some point
Current Rig:
Mics: Neumann SKM184, Neumann SKM185, AKG C414 XLS/ST, DPA ST2015
Recorder: SD MixPre-6ii, SD MixPre-10ii
Extras: SD MixPre-D, SD USBPre2, Sony TCD-D8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Rigs:
ADK TL --> Segue Dogstars --> SD 722
AT4051a --> Segue Dogstars --> MP-2 --> SD 722
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> VxPocket V2 --> Laptop
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> V2 --> Mod SBM-1 --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> MP-2 --> AD1000 --> Sony TCD-D100
AKGC1000s --> Denecke PS/2 --> Denecke AD-20 --> Sony MiniDisc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://db.etree.org/cpclar

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com