Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mixerface (for smart phones, tablets, laptops...)  (Read 2295 times)

Chimney Top

• Trade Count: (0)
Mixerface (for smart phones, tablets, laptops...)
« on: January 19, 2014, 06:57:25 PM »
http://centrance.com/products/mixerface/

http://igg.me/at/mixerface/x/6119952

2 channel portable interface with "boutique" preamps.  The campaign ad says the retail price is $600, but you can pre-order now for $300.

sounds good for $300, but I would need to hear a demo...  The Apogee Duet 2 (ios version) runs off wall charger or usb charge, so it's not quite portable.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 07:18:09 PM by Chimney Top »

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Mixerface (for smart phones, tablets, laptops...)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:33:02 AM »
Focusrite's 2i2 ($149 retail) will record into the Sero HiSense Pro 7 ($149) tablet using a particular cable that costs about $7.  I tried it and posted about it on TS a few months ago. 

From what I have read, the ability of an interface to work with a particular tablet is still very product specific.  I would want to know that the interface works with the particular tablet or specific device I intend to use before spending my money. 

My hazy recollection is that the data connection between the Focusrite and the Hisense pro used up the port that would have been needed to use an external battery.  Although the battery life on the Hisense is something like 6 or 7 hours, I didn't try to determine how long the battery would run providing phantom power through the Focusrite.   

The advantage of the mixerface would be its built in battery and being physically smaller, but is it worth the extra money? 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:50:57 AM by 2manyrocks »

Chimney Top

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mixerface (for smart phones, tablets, laptops...)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »
Focusrite's 2i2 ($149 retail) will record into the Sero HiSense Pro 7 ($149) tablet using a particular cable that costs about $7.  I tried it and posted about it on TS a few months ago. 

From what I have read, the ability of an interface to work with a particular tablet is still very product specific.  I would want to know that the interface works with the particular tablet or specific device I intend to use before spending my money. 

My hazy recollection is that the data connection between the Focusrite and the Hisense pro used up the port that would have been needed to use an external battery.  Although the battery life on the Hisense is something like 6 or 7 hours, I didn't try to determine how long the battery would run providing phantom power through the Focusrite.   

The advantage of the mixerface would be its built in battery and being physically smaller, but is it worth the extra money?

You can probably check out some demos after NAMM.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com