Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stand-alone CD Burner Question  (Read 2547 times)

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
Stand-alone CD Burner Question
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:15:35 AM »
Well, it's been a long time since I used a stand-alone CD burner but I was at a show a few nights ago and the only option the house had for a sbd feed was to record on the CD drive they had in the sbd rack - the house sound man ran the discs and I saw them both recording but when he handed me the discs after the show, both are showing up as blank CDs on my computer…I saw the deck advancing in record mode, so am a bit perplexed…could this be some issue of the discs not being properly finalized by the recording deck or something like that?  I haven't used one of those things in years, so at a loss as to what is going on…basically, are they really blank or is there a chance there is music on the discs and my computer's just not seeing it?  Any advice would be appreciated...
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Stand-alone CD Burner Question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »
could this be some issue of the discs not being properly finalized by the recording deck or something like that? 

I would bet money this is your answer....
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
could this be some issue of the discs not being properly finalized by the recording deck or something like that? 

I would bet money this is your answer....
you should be abl to tell if there is data wrote to the disc by looking at the burning layer
You should be able to see a difference in color where the burn stops and the unused starts

You used to been able to finalize discs in nero
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:24:28 AM »
Well, it's been a long time since I used a stand-alone CD burner but I was at a show a few nights ago and the only option the house had for a sbd feed was to record on the CD drive they had in the sbd rack - the house sound man ran the discs and I saw them both recording but when he handed me the discs after the show, both are showing up as blank CDs on my computer…I saw the deck advancing in record mode, so am a bit perplexed…could this be some issue of the discs not being properly finalized by the recording deck or something like that?  I haven't used one of those things in years, so at a loss as to what is going on…basically, are they really blank or is there a chance there is music on the discs and my computer's just not seeing it?  Any advice would be appreciated...

Sounds like he didn't finalise the disks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com