Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help!!! Jb3 output problem  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
help!!! Jb3 output problem
« on: August 08, 2005, 02:45:59 PM »
Please help!!!

I recorded my favorite loc al band last night under almost ideal conditions and made what sounded at the time like an awesome tape.  now I get home and plug my jb3 into the stereo to get a sample taste before uploading to sound studio.  and everything on my recorder is 80% quieter than it was before.   I am running line out 1 (not 2 or headphones, yes I checked) 1/8" mini to rca l/r aux in on the reciever.  recordings that I listened to at 8-12 volume yesterday I need to crank to 30+ to get the same output.  I tried the headphones too and everything needs to be cranked to 25 to hear it at all.  This is not isolated to the show I taped lastnight this is everything on my jb3...15 gigs!!!  only half of that stuff has been archived the rest are yet to be burnt as masters.   ugh!!!  I haven't tried transfering yet to se if mabe it's a hardware issue and my data is fine ( I hope!! )

please some one say "oh yeah, happens all the time, just do _______ to fix it !!"
please let this be easy I'm to broke to replace my recorder

Kris :'(
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: help!!! Jb3 output problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 02:49:15 PM »
Have you transfered them yet to take a look at the actuall wav?
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 02:58:18 PM »
Can't say I've heard of this happening before.  I suspect your 0s and 1s are fine.  What BAT said:  transfer the recordings off that sucker and give 'em another listen via CD or PC and check out the wavform.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 03:00:04 PM »
thats what I'm doing right now.  I was realy just hoping against odds that some one would have a real easy answer...  thanks for the speedy responses...

kris
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
if brian hasn't heard of the problem, be sure that your problem is unique.

if you pull it off, and still have the issue with soft leves, you can always normalize in wavelab or soundforge.

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 03:58:09 PM »
 I am running line out 1 (not 2 or headphones, yes I checked) 1/8" mini to rca l/r aux in on the reciever.  recordings that I listened to at 8-12 volume yesterday I need to crank to 30+ to get the same output. 

How did you listen to your recordings when the levels were set between 8-12?  Line outs are generally quiet so it doesn't surprise me that you had to raise the volume, however, the line out(s) should be totally independant from the volume control, meaning that you cannot lower or raise the volume of the line out(s) because it bypasses the headphone circuit.

I tried the headphones too and everything needs to be cranked to 25 to hear it at all.  This is not isolated to the show I taped lastnight this is everything on my jb3...15 gigs!!!  only half of that stuff has been archived the rest are yet to be burnt as masters.   ugh!!!  I haven't tried transfering yet to se if mabe it's a hardware issue and my data is fine ( I hope!! )

please some one say "oh yeah, happens all the time, just do _______ to fix it !!"
please let this be easy I'm to broke to replace my recorder

Kris :'(

Dunno what to say otherwise than that i imagine your recordings are just fine and at the worst case scenario just need to be normalized which is easy enough.  Best of luck and let us know what happens.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:12:24 PM »

[quote ]How did you listen to your recordings when the levels were set between 8-12?  Line outs are generally quiet so it doesn't surprise me that you had to raise the volume, however, the line out(s) should be totally independant from the volume control, meaning that you cannot lower or raise the volume of the line out(s) because it bypasses the headphone circuit.

I mean line out to my stereo with the amp's volume at 8-12 and headphone out ,seperately, at jb3 level 25
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline George

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 03:07:48 PM »

[quote ]How did you listen to your recordings when the levels were set between 8-12?  Line outs are generally quiet so it doesn't surprise me that you had to raise the volume, however, the line out(s) should be totally independant from the volume control, meaning that you cannot lower or raise the volume of the line out(s) because it bypasses the headphone circuit.

I mean line out to my stereo with the amp's volume at 8-12 and headphone out ,seperately, at jb3 level 25

strange...so what happened?  Are the levels still really low?  Regardless, you can just normalize it and it should sound fine.

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:03:42 PM »
whant to talk about feeling stupid...

my stereo has a shot aux in.  I tried to watch a movie last night and had to crank the volume to 35 hear anything...   after more trouble shooting I plugged the jb 3 into another stereo, no problem.  I never would have thought that it was an amp issue... 

time to look at a new reciever

Kris
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline George

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »
whant to talk about feeling stupid...

my stereo has a shot aux in.  I tried to watch a movie last night and had to crank the volume to 35 hear anything...   after more trouble shooting I plugged the jb 3 into another stereo, no problem.  I never would have thought that it was an amp issue... 

time to look at a new reciever

Kris

Damn!  Or at least try a decent used on on audiogon or maybe ebay if your on a tight budget.

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com