Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**  (Read 85282 times)

Offline SonicSound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART III**
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 03:00:35 PM »
I've been pulling complete shows for about 5 months at 24/96.  The only incomplete recordings were user error.  I should also say I've had the PDAudio since its first release >2 yrs ago, and I've finally got it working.

Luck Bastard ;)
SD: Schoeps  M222/NT222's & CMC6's - MK 41V's, 21's, 5's, 8's
LD: Microtech Gefell UM900's, Shure KSM44's
V3, 744t

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 03:59:17 PM »
Crap Sound indeed ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »
I used to constantly give Len shit on a few lists.  It seemed all questions were answered by him...and reffering a CS product.

however..
he was kind enough to send me all 3 models of his CS mics to review.  Including the DPAs.  I had them for months..it was fun.
bravo Len for that..

as for the PDaudio, my buddy Jim runs one (mk4>v3>pda).  I think he is only recording 16bit, but he seems to like it.  it certainly is small enough.
but personaly, I wouldn't touch one.  no thankyou please..it only makes me sneeze

but you gatta love that guys reasoning!
"true audio proffesionals"....indeed.

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2005, 04:58:02 PM »
but you gatta love that guys reasoning!
"true audio proffesionals"....indeed.

I asked Len one time in an email why he wasn't comparing the 722/744T, Cantar, Fostex, and Deva to his list of devices and he told me that his product was not aimed at the pro market. Now he is claiming otherwise. Basically, it has taken too long to debug the PDA recorder and other devices have come in and claimed the top and low end, so he now has to figure out how to recoop his R&D out the device. Personally I think it's going to be tough to do that, but I know I've been wrong before.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 05:14:21 PM »
i want this thing already!!  my jb3's are both having issues...one's giving me pops/clicks in my recordings and the other likes to shut down by itself.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2005, 05:16:15 PM »
News has been kinda quiet for a while. Almost thought we needed to changed the thread title to Len's an Ass or something.

Maybe we'll hear something in the next 2 weeks. I've got no stealth jobs coming up until November (my main reason for getting this unit) so I'm being patient.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »
i want this thing already!! my jb3's are both having issues...one's giving me pops/clicks in my recordings and the other likes to shut down by itself.

I was just talking to Todd about the JB3's the other day.... I'm wondering if we're going to begin seeing them start to fail a lot in the near future. They are consumer mp3 players, I have to believe that we're pushing these little machines to their limits.

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 05:25:09 PM »
i want this thing already!!  my jb3's are both having issues...one's giving me pops/clicks in my recordings and the other likes to shut down by itself.

Simpy - Have you done a full format of the one that is introducing pops and clicks.  I have heard that helps prevent those.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 05:25:48 PM »
probablyl beating up on the drives a bit..
but then again..they are made to hold data..so whats the prob?
:)

you get what you pay for...and we got a lot out of the jb3 fwiw

Ray76

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 05:30:09 PM »
i want this thing already!! my jb3's are both having issues...one's giving me pops/clicks in my recordings and the other likes to shut down by itself.

I was just talking to Todd about the JB3's the other day.... I'm wondering if we're going to begin seeing them start to fail a lot in the near future. They are consumer mp3 players, I have to believe that we're pushing these little machines to their limits.

wont just a simple drive swap/upgrade prevent a lot of the problems with jb3 failure??isnt that where the biggest potential to fail is??the hard disk?

Offline fobstl

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »
I was talking to Jamie at Dale Pro audio this morning and he told me that M-Audio let him know that Micro Tracker shippment was pushed back to November. Anyone else heard this from their vendor?

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 05:32:24 PM »
I was talking to Jamie at Dale Pro audio this morning and he told me that M-Audio let him know that Micro Tracker shippment was pushed back to November. Anyone else heard this from their vendor?

Say it ain't so....
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 05:52:15 PM »

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 05:55:46 PM »

Simpy - Have you done a full format of the one that is introducing pops and clicks. I have heard that helps prevent those.

definitely try this, if my jb3 is even close to half full, i'll get pops and clicks everywhere.  i just format and do a disc cleanup and it takes care of the problem everytime.  i usually do it before every night/weekend of taping just to be safe.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 06:13:09 PM »
Just got an email from Frank.   He said "not that I am aware of.... I will check in with my guy"
                          jerry
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.425 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com