Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AK5351 datasheet? (ad20 mods)  (Read 1662 times)

Offline tubehead

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
AK5351 datasheet? (ad20 mods)
« on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »

hey y'all, i started doing the bastardization erm. modifications to my ad20, i pulled a couple of pads unsoldering the opamps, but it's nothing a few jumper wires can't fix :) so the sockets for the opamps should be going in pretty soon - i really, really would like to just bypass the front end of the whole box tho, but I need to find out what the front end of the ADC is looking for as far as voltage levels and diff/se operation...ideally i'd like to make a direct connection from the xlr ins (as line level) to the adc...there are some electrolytic coupling caps i'm going to short out either way tho, you don't ever need to block phantom power with a line level source :) i checked asahi kasei's webpage and there is no '51 datasheet, it looks like it only goes back to the '53 adc for some reason? so i thought i might check here to see if anybody has a copy of one...

does anybody know the scheme for the plug in power/minijack input mod?? past the dc blocking cap those are single ended signals, you can be crooked and tie them right to the xlr ins grounding the (-) signal but it's kind of a shady trick...i'm hoping to find a point where the signal gets converted to single ended and use that as a jack point...hopefully it's at the output of the opamp, but there are 4 opamp stages in there so it could be run as differential all the way thru to the ADC...i dunno yet have to trace the ckt...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com