Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-44 Recording issue (memory card prob?)  (Read 1483 times)

Offline nickb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
R-44 Recording issue (memory card prob?)
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:15:27 PM »
OK, let me start by saying that I've recently upgraded the SD card for my R-44 to a 32gb Kingston Class 6 SDHC card....Up until last weekend, I've not really had any major use for its complete capacity, so this problem sort of comes as a surprise....

I say "sort of" because I had transferred some files from a hard disc based CD recorder and had a similar issue once....I never thought anything about it, since I could easily re-transfer...just blew it off as a digital error...

What's happening is after a few hours of solid recording (think 5 hours of on/off festival sets), I get chunks of the wave files that are nothing but static....followed by actual recorded sound...then more static...

Its obvious that the recording reaches a certain point and works perfectly up until that point then decides to freak out.

What was really weird, in some instances, I was getting chunks of audio from a completely different file inserted into the file in question. 

Wanee example:  My ABB set looked fine for the first 35 min but after that I was getting chunks of the Mule set (which was after ABB) followed by static for the remainder of the time on the ABB file...FWIW, it was the same chunk of Mule audio being repeated.

I know this has to either be a SD card speed issue or firmware issue on the R-44.  I've never upgraded the R-44, so before I do I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this or anything similar.

Much help would be appreciated.

FWIW, It's happened at both 16/44 & 24/48 sample rates...

Thanks in advance....

Mics: AKG ck1x ~> mk46 ~> c460b
Pre's & A>D's: Oade M148/AETA PSP-3/Apogee AD-500e
Decks: Edirol R-44/iRiver H120

ISO: AKG ck3x Caps

Offline nickb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: R-44 Recording issue (memory card prob?)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »
Upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05 and it still freaked out on my after a few hours of transfers in my test environment....

Pretty much decided the 32gb kingston isn't the best card to be using for the R-44...going to go with dual 16gb Class 4 Kingstons for now....

Mics: AKG ck1x ~> mk46 ~> c460b
Pre's & A>D's: Oade M148/AETA PSP-3/Apogee AD-500e
Decks: Edirol R-44/iRiver H120

ISO: AKG ck3x Caps

Offline Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: R-44 Recording issue (memory card prob?)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
did that seem to fix your issue? Just wondering for reference.. I dont plan on running anything more than my 8gig but ya never know if one comes along at the right price i may bite..

neil
Mic's: AKG C214's, Line Audio CM3, AT4041SP, AT853 (C, SC, O), AT943 (C, H)
Pre's: Sound Devices MixPre 2
Rec's: Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-44, Tascam DR60D MKii, Tascam DR70D x 2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com