Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick, probably dumb question about SD MP-3/6 timecode generator  (Read 69 times)

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Part of my pre-flight check the night prior to a gig is to make sure the battery is topped off, and then attaching it briefly to the deck and make sure everything looks kosher.

When I arrived to the show the next evening I realized I had left the power bank plugged in to the deck overnight and the battery had lost 3 or 4 (maybe 5? my old man eyes are dog shit) segments. I run an L-series battery as redundancy, so no biggie, still had at least enough juice for 3-5 hours before the L-series would ever have kicked in.

It's an Anker power bank and only about 3 months old, so I kinda think it's not the battery going south already. I also ran a run-time test once I fully recharged and got the expected results.

So what may have happened, other than me having a senior moment by not disconnecting the USB-C cable overnight?

Additionally, I only remove the L-series battery every 3rd month or so to throw it on a charger and have never noticed much of a dip in amount of charge available, if at all, so to me it seems isolated to powering via USB.

Not a big deal other than remembering to disconnect the power bank from the deck when not in use.

Has anyone else observed this? Maybe the TC gen, clock, and/or BT draws power over USB even when powered off? I know the TC gen only maintains itself for about 4 hours after powered off according to something I read from SD.

In any case, something to be mindful of.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:00:26 AM by tim in jersey »

Offline Ronmac

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
My MixPre6ii is permanently connected via USB-C to an Anker power bank in a Sachtler bag. I last used it a week ago and the battery is still fully charged. In fact, I had to push the power button on the Anker battery to have the MP6ii recognize it was there.

I have no explanation for your situation...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com