Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OSX track splits  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re:OSX track splits
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2003, 10:09:37 PM »
scott...that xACT is great...

question...what does len mean on the shntool, and when i drag files onto the icon/doc, and process them with the "call shntool" button, a screen comes up...what should i be looking at to see if there are or are not errors...

oh, one more thing...are you taking donations for this software?

thanks
chris k
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2003, 10:13:02 PM »
len is the length function, which will spit back the length of each file in that new window.  info will spit back the info

i'm adding error handling in now so that things if things dont work well, it won't hang.  it'll let you know what went wrong

hadn't thought about donations :)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »
can you directly convert shn to flac, or must you decode the shn's and then encode to flac?

i realize this would probably take a lot of time, but I find myself doing this from time to time to save space on my hard drive, and on discs
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2003, 04:27:36 PM »
Chris - to see if there are sector boundary errors, use the "len" function and look at the "probs" column. If you see "---" then there are no sector boundary errors. If you see "-b-" then the sector boundary needs to be fixed.

I made a suggestion to Scott to have this output in a fixed-width font so that all the columns line up, but it's not too hard to find. :)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com