Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-A authoring  (Read 4760 times)

Offline JeffK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
DVD-A authoring
« on: January 19, 2003, 06:52:50 PM »
Has anyone successfully authored a DVD-Audio disc yet from their 24 bit recorded files?  If so, what software, did you use MLP, etc?

I finally bought a DVD-A player and have a burner, pc and a bunch of 24 bit audio files here that could be much better utilized if they were on a playable media :)

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
Re:DVD-A authoring
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 12:19:52 PM »
new product just announced:

Vegas 4.0+ DVD

http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products/vegas4-cs.asp

just looking at the FAQ.  there is a Beta version available.  looks like you have to use their files to test compatibility with your system.  not a fully functional Beta Version.  

also, the price looks to be:

*   The MSRP for Vegas 4.0 is $699.95. However, it will be available from Sonic Foundry for $489.97 as a download (30% off), and boxed version for $559.96 (20% off).

*   Vegas+DVD will MSRP for $999.95, and be available from Sonic Foundry for $699.97 as a download (30% off), and boxed version for $799.96 (20% off).

UPDATE:  we're back to square 1.  this is no better than Disc Welder Steel.  however, the price is dropping on DW Steel AND DW Chrome!  Chrome is said to be down in the $1,500.00 range now.  pass the hat boys?... ::)

thanks to Marc Nutter and Sonic Sense for the info.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 03:20:54 AM by hippies »

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 12:00:41 PM »
I've been toying with the demo and it looks like a POS to me :(  It doesnt seem like it'll burn DVD-A, only DVD-Video discs.  There is an option to create a "music compilation" disc, so that may work, but I thought the DVD-V standard had a cap at 16/48k for audio, I dunno.

On the other hand, the Minnetonka discwelder chrome demo seems like it's what I want.  I just can't see myself dishing out $2500 for software :(

Both companies should have more functional demo's though, imho.  I can't burn a disc to test in either one, or at least not a disc that I could author myself.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 12:31:01 PM »
>>but I thought the DVD-V standard had a cap at 16/48k for audio, I dunno.<<

video can do up to 24/96

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 12:34:26 PM »
some really good info was posted about all this yesterday, jeff.
go here to check it out:

http://hyperlink2.com/?137

you're right on with what you've said about the demo.  Video will do 24/96, yes.  however, it was stated in an e-mail from SF yesterday that you cannot do seamless chapters via music compilation.  bummer!

the only encouraging thing seems to be that DW Chrome is down to like 1500.00 now.  getting down to the area where someone might just 'snag' it. ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 12:38:43 PM by hippies »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com