Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: quick editing help...  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
quick editing help...
« on: March 21, 2004, 11:23:16 PM »
hey, forgive me for not posting in the right forum but i'd like to get started on this tonight and am just looking for some suggestions...
here's the deal, taped funky meters last night.  couldn't get the rig down and set up for the beginning of the set (see thread on r. randolph).  the beginning of the set got taped with a set of csb's > d7...the levels are low but it will have to do...then once i got my rig going, the original got put away.  so i need to splice the csb source into the beginning of my source.  the first 15+ minutes are on the csb source, then mine kicks in and there's plenty of room to fade sources together assuming i can match them up well...there's no song break during that overlap time.

so i'm looking for some methodical suggestions here, should i blend the sources together and fade the csb out once the main rig picks up or just cut and paste as precisely as possible at a certain point (after getting the volumes to similar levels)....and what software / function would you recommend for doing this?
i'd like to be able to line them up on top of one another and align the recordings, set the fade regions, and mix them together to one stereo track.
i've got wavelab, soundforge, cool edit, n-track....
thanks in advance, and let's see how long this will take to get moved to the right forum! ;)
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re:quick editing help...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 11:59:05 PM »
wow that sounds like a nice little project...

i would think you might want to blend together and then blend out the csb source if possible, that to me would sound better than just jumping right to your source

as for actually doing it, i am no help

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 12:12:35 AM »
while I can't speak for the other programs, cool edit's multi-track view would more than suffice, I've done stuff very similiar to that with ease (and I'm usually not too handy with this stuff, but getting better).

my suggestion is to get everything into cep and play around in multi-track.  it may take a 1-2 hour commitment to get it the way you want it but it will pay off.  :)

Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 12:21:02 AM »
i would think cep would be the only way i could manage to do something like that too

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com