Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

ripping, splitting, resynching DVD

(1/3) > >>

Uncle Jimmy:
Folks,

I have a DVD of a concert. The native audio is poor. I have a much better sounding source that I would like to add to the video. As it stands, i have a set of .VOB files for the show.

How do I:
1) strip the original audio from the video
2) add the new audio to the video
3) author the DVD?

I would like to do this while losing no quality, but i dont know much about the video formats.

Yes, there are lots of sites to look at, and I have been trying to discern the reality of the situation. Would someone savvy enough just explain the basics and point at some options, should I choose to dig deeper?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

firmdragon:
look for a program called doitfast4u and dvddecryptor.   you can use it to strip the .m2v file and .wav file.

Chad817:

--- Quote from: firmdragon on March 11, 2004, 06:35:49 PM ---look for a program called doitfast4u and dvddecryptor.   you can use it to strip the .m2v file and .wav file.

--- End quote ---

tmpgEnc will do the same thing.  Once he has the camera audio as a .wav (or if its ac3 or mp2, he can conver it to wav), then he can use a multitracking program like cool edit to synch the good audio to the cam audio.  Once its synched up, mute the cam audio and mix it down,  snapping it to the start and end points of the original cam audio.  Then he can multiplex the .m2v and new .wav in a dvd authoring program..add menus, chapters, etc.

Uncle Jimmy:
"HEY CHAD.... I slept with Katie too, man."

Cool, thanks for the tips so far. These are terms I am starting to recognize, and I have the tmpgEnc program. I have demuxed and gotten seperate audio and video files. i then remuxed with the ac3 and m2v files into an mpg file with tmpgEnc.

Problem: my video editor, Roxio Movie Creator, still will not recognize that video for me to edit. I assume it is because the audio is ac3, so i sould convert it, but i don't know what to do or how to do it. Will I use come dos-command line software, or is there an easy GUI for this?

Any more love out there Chad?
THanks again,
Jim

PS Are there quality losses in any of this? Where?

dklein:
You should be able to use 16/48 wave format.  If your authoring software doesn't support it, try something else.  I know the Tmpgenc authoring software handles it.   You don't even have to mux them - you can add the audio separately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version