Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Video tips stealth & open.

(1/3) > >>

Kindguy:
I'm looking for tips not giving them.  8)

Got a fairly nice Sony camcorder a few months ago. Looks like the only audio imput is a Mic in jack. I want to try AT853>BB>mic in. I think I could stealth this in the right situation fairly easy.

Plan on doing some festival recordings this spring & summer as well. In situations like this should I sync the audio from a full rig in post production? Or run mic in straight to the camcorder from a full rig or the 853's?

My camcorder has the option to record sound in 16 bit, digital 8 or hi8. Which one should I use?

I'm looking for easy options that will still sound good. Never tried any kind of video recording before. hell I've barely picked up a camcorder before I this one.

Any suggestions appreciated  
 :help:

Willie T.:
Does the camcorder allow you to record longer without the audio channels going?   You would be able to squeeze out more time per media this way.  

Kindguy:

--- Quote from: wtreynol on March 12, 2004, 08:21:54 AM ---Does the camcorder allow you to record longer without the audio channels going?   You would be able to squeeze out more time per media this way.  

--- End quote ---

My understanding is using a metal digital tape thats 120 min. Recording in hi8 or digital 8 cuts the time in half. 16 bit recordings would use the full 120 min. No difference between audio & video in runtimes.

I'd like everything to be on the tape when I get home. Because I'm lazy. But if it makes a huge difference I can learn how to sync things up.

I'm doing this for personal use, friends, tapers. Not to be traded.

Willie T.:
For times when taping policy wasn't an issue, imho, i would go without the audio, and get all the video I could on to one tape, and it would allow you to focus more on getting good shots than worrying about a stand, or keeping the onboard mic pointing in a good direction.  For stealthing though i would see the benifits of doing both at once, less equipment to carry and such.

jpschust:
general tip, dont zoom and pan- you dont have the equipment to do it smoothly and professionally- its easier just to hold one shot and stay with that and it looks way better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version