Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200 (edit: mostly about ZS100 though)

<< < (57/57)

sparko:
Have been using TZ91 (ZS90) and TZ101 (ZS100) for several years and was about to add the TZ202 (ZS200) but instead swtiched to Sony HX99 and RX100MK7 (got a steal at a used one for about 700€). WAY better in lowlight esp still photography and the stabilizers are a lot better than the Panasonics. I had Sony before which were the HX10  HX20 and HX50 but wasnt happy about the photography with them. Also the sound wasnt as good on video, the Panasonics were the go to cams then. Started with TZ71 first.

These last Sony models are really great, also have a good sound on video now. I do not regret missing the 15x zoom for the "almost 10x" zoom of the RX, it has lots of reserves for both photo and video to crop to your needs.

Also, I always ran into trouble focussing esp on the TZ91 (ZS90) on the long end, Sony is way better here.

The latest TZ96 (ZS95) from Panasonic still has 99% the same technology as the TZ91, for those who were wondering.

robeti:

--- Quote from: sparko on June 07, 2024, 12:20:44 PM ---Have been using TZ91 (ZS90) and TZ101 (ZS100) for several years and was about to add the TZ202 (ZS200) but instead swtiched to Sony HX99 and RX100MK7 (got a steal at a used one for about 700€). WAY better in lowlight esp still photography and the stabilizers are a lot better than the Panasonics. I had Sony before which were the HX10  HX20 and HX50 but wasnt happy about the photography with them. Also the sound wasnt as good on video, the Panasonics were the go to cams then. Started with TZ71 first.

These last Sony models are really great, also have a good sound on video now. I do not regret missing the 15x zoom for the "almost 10x" zoom of the RX, it has lots of reserves for both photo and video to crop to your needs.

Also, I always ran into trouble focussing esp on the TZ91 (ZS90) on the long end, Sony is way better here.

The latest TZ96 (ZS95) from Panasonic still has 99% the same technology as the TZ91, for those who were wondering.

--- End quote ---

This is not a sony topic.
Glad you like your camera. Make a topic about it.

ol' dirty taper:

--- Quote from: sparko on June 07, 2024, 12:20:44 PM ---Have been using TZ91 (ZS90) and TZ101 (ZS100) for several years and was about to add the TZ202 (ZS200) but instead swtiched to Sony HX99 and RX100MK7 (got a steal at a used one for about 700€). WAY better in lowlight esp still photography and the stabilizers are a lot better than the Panasonics. I had Sony before which were the HX10  HX20 and HX50 but wasnt happy about the photography with them. Also the sound wasnt as good on video, the Panasonics were the go to cams then. Started with TZ71 first.

--- End quote ---

Was wondering about the Sony's myself when I was looking for a second ZS100. Thanks for the input.

sparko:

--- Quote from: robeti on June 08, 2024, 05:21:16 AM ---

--- End quote ---

This is not a sony topic.
Glad you like your camera. Make a topic about it.

--- End quote ---

The Sonys have been mentioned before. And what the heck is wrong about comparing cameras of the same class with each other? When people IN THIS TOPIC were already talking about them AND RECOMMENDED THEM AS BEING BETTER? I just added my thoughts on that - with actual experience from using both of them. Just LOOK AT 10-12 POSTS BEFORE MINE. But hey, I do not have 398045798347569834 posts on my count here so what the heck to I dare to post anything at all, right? What do I dare to contribute anything at all to AN ALREADY EXISTING part of the discussion.

Sorry for  sharing my experiences. The ZS100/200 are slightly outdated meanwhile compared to the latest Sony models. And both makers are pretty much the only ones still producing (but not really developing) P&S superzooms. I had/used both extensiveley.
But who cares, nobody wants to know.

Same people pi**ing about DIME or SETLISTFM mods being pedantic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version