Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Nagra "Mezzo"

<< < (3/3)

voltronic:
I seem to recall a dustup several years back about the LINO / SD, with accusations of it being a cheap Chinese-made recorder that Nagra simply re-branded and charged a premium for because their name was on it. Looking at the specs and overall design of those along with the MEZZO, I have to wonder if there might be some truth to those claims. Nagra certainly has no business calling these units "professional", when they know full well what a professional-level product is. Speaking of which, I notice that they still have no replacement for the VI, so the only pro-level recorder they now sell (the Seven) is limited to two analog inputs and one stereo digital input. I wonder what is going on over there.

Going back to DSatz's original problem: I wonder if it is an issue of the 5V being passed from your PC to the USB cable are causing it to lock up. If something is damaged internally, that voltage could be getting to places it shouldn't. There are cables out there that pass data but not power, but they aren't the easiest to find.

kevinsinnott:
I would like to ask a question. I own a Nagra Mezzo and, after some Meh observations I've made some excellent recordings with it. It is very small, has a good wide soundstage and good 3-d imaging considering its size and overall I enjoy its abilities for low-profile interviews and run-and-gun background textures for podcasts.

An oddity: when I transfer files to my hard drive for storage all date time information is lost. I think I am using the latest software, Software 1.3.1.7 Hardware 1.3.1.0 Loader 1.3.1.6

Do any of you have the same issue? Can anyone verify they do get time/date information after the data resides on their hard drive?

Thank you! 

dallman:

--- Quote from: kevinsinnott on December 17, 2021, 06:56:06 PM ---I would like to ask a question. I own a Nagra Mezzo and, after some Meh observations I've made some excellent recordings with it. It is very small, has a good wide soundstage and good 3-d imaging considering its size and overall I enjoy its abilities for low-profile interviews and run-and-gun background textures for podcasts.

An oddity: when I transfer files to my hard drive for storage all date time information is lost. I think I am using the latest software, Software 1.3.1.7 Hardware 1.3.1.0 Loader 1.3.1.6

Do any of you have the same issue? Can anyone verify they do get time/date information after the data resides on their hard drive?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---
Looking at DigiGal's comments a few posts above yours, which I have pasted below, it does not appear you have the latest firmware.

Posted by: DigiGal
« on: May 18, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
Insert Quote
I don't own one so not experiencing the problem.  Looks like Nagra website has two software versions available for download.  V1.3.1.4 and Mezzo V1.3.1.8 (latest version), I'm not seeing release notes but installing a different software version may be worth trying.

https://www.nagraaudio.com/product/nagra-mezzo/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version