Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

DPA402X convert to new modular DPA mic series

<< < (2/5) > >>

phil_er_up:
I couldn't find any other info on their site too. That is why I asked the question. Thanks Scott for your detailed answer as always. Was going to talk to you about this last friday...

Also have DPA4022 and 4027 that I am thinking about doing this.

By my calculations from your numbers above scott:
=================================================
4 DPA402X X 250  per capsule = $1000
DPA Microphones d:dicate MMP-ES = $479 X  70% = 335 X 4 = $1340

My 4027 are matched though my DPA4022 are not.
$287 per pair for DPA4022 matched = $287
Total = $2627

Is this around the amount I would need to pay?

How long did the whole process take scott? Over an month...

PS: That is less expensive then buying one DPA new modular series mics and you get 2 new sets of mics. Sounds like a pretty good deal. Plus it gets rid of the DPA402X having a bad cable coming out of the pre-amp. Would not have to send back to DPA the capsule just the cable. Or you could buy a new one.

=================================================

Also, asked about the new sound from the new pre-amp?

Talked to scott about this before and he said the new pre-amp sound quite a bit better then the old ones.
Thinking too it might be easier to sell when I finished my recording career.

PS: My 4027 the capsule unscrews though the 4022 do not. Does DPA still do the 4022 since they do not unscrew the capsule from the pre-amp?

scottsch3:
I never really noticed a difference between the sound of the newer active preamps (MMP-ER/ES) and the 402x series but I never did a direct comparison either. I was probably referring to the differences between the active preamps and the half-sized (MMP-C) and full-sized (MMP-A) bodies which both offer increased SPL before distortion and extended bass response as compared to their active counterparts.

scb:
this is what I was told yesterday:

--- Quote from: DPA ---Expected Fees for Capsule Upgrades:

-$250 Capsule upgrade fee (per capsule)
-$143.75 testing & calibration fee (per capsule)
-$287 matching fee (per pair) + cost of new capsule if required
-$25 shipping round trip (once they have been received at our US Sales Office)
-Corresponding Modular preamps are offered at a significantly reduced price (ex: $368.00 for MMP-A)
-Turnaround for DK Service is 1-2 weeks (excluding potential shipping delays)
--- End quote ---

jb63:
That's the same info I received.
I still have to get back to them about preamp choices.
What I'd really like to know is if I can get them terminated like the 406x series and power them with MMA600 or DAD6001 so I can use them in a few different ways. I need to call them and ask. Gonna be pricey either way!

aaronji:
^ I assume the upgraded caps would work with the MMP-GR/GS cables. The first post suggests that they can be used with MMP-ER/ES, so I think the microdot cables would also work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version