Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

iphone 12/13 in low-light concerts

<< < (2/2)

scb:

--- Quote from: spyder9 on October 20, 2021, 12:11:53 PM ---Real camera > Phone camera

Always.

--- End quote ---

disagree. iPhones are becoming cameras with phones built in.

moondust.and.solitude:

--- Quote from: scb on October 22, 2021, 02:19:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: spyder9 on October 20, 2021, 12:11:53 PM ---Real camera > Phone camera

Always.

--- End quote ---

disagree. iPhones are becoming cameras with phones built in.

--- End quote ---

+1. The "phone" aspect of the iPhone is just the tip of the iceberg. Like you said, they are leaning a LOT more towards be a camera with a phone instead of a phone with a camera.

SMsound:
Circling back to answer my own question.

I ended up buying the new Sony ZV-E10 mirrorless, which is basically a more compact a6400 (so really small) with some slightly updated color processing, plus some better I/O that I've been using for livestreaming and also Zoom music practice.

The photo and video quality are a large and obvious step up from my Iphone X Max, both in low light and in bright light. I haven't even tried shooting/filming in raw yet---the difference is big with JPEG photos and default video (no LUT or anything). Haven't gotten to compare it to an Iphone 13 pro yet, but I love the thing so far.

It has builtin stereo mics, which the reviewers loved, but which in reality suck (harsh/cheap sounding) compared to the iphone X Max's builtin mics. But, they've been great to get a 'reference track' so I can waveform match a separate recording taken with real mics to the videos I take with the ZV-E10.

FOB_Taper:
iPhone 13 Max > Beastcam 1.55 Anamorphic lens > BeastCam app > 4K60fps 10bit ProRes !!!

https://beastgrip.com/pages/beastcam

guitard:

--- Quote from: FOB_Taper on May 25, 2022, 05:37:51 PM ---iPhone 13 Max > Beastcam 1.55 Anamorphic lens > BeastCam app > 4K60fps 10bit ProRes !!!

https://beastgrip.com/pages/beastcam

--- End quote ---

I've been using the Filmic Pro app for a few years and generally, I really like it.  I think I paid $13.99 for it.  The BeastCam app looks impressive in the demonstration videos and it's surprisingly cheap (I think I read it's $4.95).  And I'd really love to get one of those lenses (either the 1.55 anamorphic, the 2X, or both).  The only things is ... I can picture security at some venues being uptight about a lens - even if it's clearly for the iPhone, and not a real camera. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version