Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Looking for a new recorder for stealth recording

<< < (2/8) > >>

unidentified:

--- Quote from: Ozpeter on March 09, 2022, 05:37:36 PM ---But the built in mics (mentioned in the original post) of the M10 give a dreadful stereo image...  there is no such thing as coincident omni mic stereo recording!  I could never understand what Sony were thinking of with that.

--- End quote ---

Very true. I missed that in the original post. Need some decent external mics with the M10.

roffels:
Sony A10 is great for stealth.

I won't deny the issues you've brought up with the Roland r07, but it's been reliable and haven't been in the habit of losing micro sd cards.

morst:

--- Quote from: tungarbulb on March 09, 2022, 04:11:34 PM ---For example, the Marantz PMD-620 looked like the perfect thing for me, but - it's discontinued.

--- End quote ---
Why not poke around for a used one?

udovdh:

--- Quote from: Ozpeter on March 09, 2022, 05:37:36 PM ---But the built in mics (mentioned in the original post) of the M10 give a dreadful stereo image...  there is no such thing as coincident omni mic stereo recording!  I could never understand what Sony were thinking of with that.

--- End quote ---
I never ever recorded with built-in mics with just one exception.
Why do these recorders come with mics? I think that is kinda stupid. Leave them off.
Give us the smaller package. Perhaps cheaper even.

Melanie:
The Tascam D100mkIII has been very good for stealth, but it is a larger package then the sony. Built in mics sound about as good or better then most units I've heard, but I don't use them. The size is a little larger but I haven't had an issue with metal detectors and have gotten the recording every time. bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version