Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Just made new low-profile/chopped cables.

<< < (4/4)

checht:
In ye olden days, I used room temperature vulcanizer to pot connectors and mic pres. Now I use silicon caulk in various colors. It is possible to cut and plier it out, though tedious.

Voltronic, can you share a link to the caps, I only find 'em for the CT connectors at Gotham. Thanks!

SMsound:

--- Quote from: checht on March 14, 2023, 11:57:35 PM ---Now I use silicon caulk in various colors.

--- End quote ---

That (silicone gasket sealant) is basically the same stuff that I used to add a bit of glue under the colored Sumito Sumitube heatshrink, since it's not adhesive lined.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: checht on March 14, 2023, 11:57:35 PM ---In ye olden days, I used room temperature vulcanizer to pot connectors and mic pres. Now I use silicon caulk in various colors. It is possible to cut and plier it out, though tedious.

Voltronic, can you share a link to the caps, I only find 'em for the CT connectors at Gotham. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

They don't list them online; you have to email or call them. I think they charged me a buck or two each, but it was quite a long time ago that I bought them.

I have started researching inexpensive 3D printers after realizing how much money I've put into 3D printed items so far, and still wanting to modify those parts I have.

checht:
Thanks, Voltronic. Here's what I learned just now:

A bag of 20 caps in 4 colors to fit Neutrik XX line costs 18.95 + shipping.
I called Gotham (212) 629-9430 and spoke with TJ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version