Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Replacement cable for Plantronics Audio 310 headphones

(1/2) > >>

gltape:
I have Plantronics Audio 310 headphones equipped with a single wire that splits in the last 30 cm into two separate cables with 3.5 mm jacks for audio and microphone.

As visible in photos 1, 2, and 3, the cable is in very poor condition because the rubber covering it is peeling off from several parts, leaving the copper wire visible as well.

I cannot find a suitable replacement that is identical to the original, even on Aliexpress.

Can someone please suggest where to find such spare parts at a reasonable price ?

gltape:
Anyone ?

Below I attach some photos to be clearer:

lsd2525:
For a temp repair, could you hit it with some heat shrink tubing?

gltape:

--- Quote from: lsd2525 on November 17, 2023, 02:56:30 PM ---For a temp repair, could you hit it with some heat shrink tubing?
--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing myself, but the rubber sheath is stiff and tends to break in several places so, such a repair might be short-lived.

Although the value of these headphones is low, I would like to save them because when I got them ten years ago, they were valued excellently for voice applications.

goodcooker:

Time to replace those. That cable has had it. Multiple points of failure means replacement for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version