Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Other mic config resources..

(1/2) > >>

Nick in Edinboro:
Are there any other sources for pictures and descriptions for stereo mic configurations?

I've visited the Oade and DPA sites and found both to be a little lacking for me, I could use better pictures w/more then one angle...

Thanks!  :coolguy:

Tim:
what are you looking for? I'm sure someone here can help and post some pics. Any specific configurations or angles?

Nick in Edinboro:
Nothing specific I guess...  I've been a patcher geek for probably two years now, and always had an AT822 handy for those local shows no one else went to but I have my first stereo pair now and not sure how I want to run them...

The pic's mention numbers and angles but fail to indicate where to take the measurements or are too small for me to really read.

It'd also be nice to know what is suggested by you guys with the ADK SC-T's (small diagphram cards).  I'm guessing I'll start off with XY prolly, as it seems to be pretty forgiving and probably or ORTF ...  

will be taping a show at a local bar on Friday, my virgin run :D..  Sadly it's usually pretty dead crowd wise.  GREAT sound too, best in town, large stacks that are probably 12' or 15' feet apart on each side of the stage.  I've had great results at about 15' back with my AT822.  Can run from pretty much anywhere, the band is called Stratospheerius and are very "Ponty like" if you know who Jean-Luc Ponty is.. virtuoso violin player (Joe Denizon) doing like prog-jazz stuff with a full band.

Tim:
I know nothing about those mics but you might want try DIN. Kind of a nice mid-point between x/y and ortf.

JAH:

--- Quote from: npsinboro on June 26, 2003, 03:55:52 PM ---I have my first stereo pair now and not sure how I want to run them...

The pic's mention numbers and angles but fail to indicate where to take the measurements or are too small for me to really read.

It'd also be nice to know what is suggested by you guys with the ADK SC-T's (small diagphram cards).  I'm guessing I'll start off with XY prolly, as it seems to be pretty forgiving and probably or ORTF ...  

will be taping a show at a local bar on Friday, my virgin run :D..  Sadly it's usually pretty dead crowd wise.  GREAT sound too, best in town, large stacks that are probably 12' or 15' feet apart on each side of the stage.  I've had great results at about 15' back with my AT822.  Can run from pretty much anywhere, the band is called Stratospheerius and are very "Ponty like" if you know who Jean-Luc Ponty is.. virtuoso violin player (Joe Denizon) doing like prog-jazz stuff with a full band.

--- End quote ---
Jean-Luc Ponty  use to play w/ Zappa way back in the day.  At least that's the lie I was once told. ;)

As for running your mics, try XY for one set and DIN for another (if the room is not too boomy, in which case you may not want anything but xy). hell if  not many people there try all sorts of things so you know first hand.

As for measuring the cap distance (same w/ angles), I use the center of the diaphram.  When going xy center the diaphrams over each other.

hope this helps
peace
jah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version