Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Need help getting off the ground, reasonable SBD equipment?

(1/5) > >>

Fluffhead:
I have friends in a band who are in need of someone to start recording their shows and keeping an archival vault. Is all I really need a DAT recorder, a cable, rechargeable batteries, and blank media? PLMK, all your help is appreciated  ???

jpschust:
You got it.... I'd look over on the Oade board (www.oade.com)  at the Used Gear section... Decks are always for sale there and usually at reasonable prices... just remember though, if this is what you are doing then get a deck that can handle analogue ins (not just digi ins) so you can tape off any board.

Jonny

phriendlyguy:
i would definately look into getting a DAP1.  then you have your RCA in/out for analog rather than a miniplug on a D8.  now can you use the XLR as an analog in on the DAP1?  anyone? i got a D8.

jpschust:
Along the exact lines i was thinking.  Oh and where were you mon or tue ry?  no bt for you?  you missed a pair of great sets.

phriendlyguy:
unfortunatly, i mean fortunatly i have a family, so san diego wasn't exactly conveniant for me.  i would have liked to go.  sny issues with taping?  would like to hear em.  happy turkey day to ya.  PEACE  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version