Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5)  (Read 101112 times)

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5)
« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2015, 04:58:26 PM »
the target market for the 701d is obviously guys hoping to shoot and sync video and audio with Canon and Panasonic DSLRs via hdmi. 

It will be interesting to watch and see what happens because now they are dealing with embedded timecode signal in the recording.    I have to assume that makes the data recording that much more demanding than audio recording by itself. 

Now if they started with the 70d technology as their technology and layered more demanding signal passing and recording on top the audio recording, I would wait and see if they succeed or fail.

But I'm not spending $599 to find out firsthand. 

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #376 on: December 02, 2015, 07:31:23 PM »
I'm not going to bother inserting quotes - you'll all know who I'm responding to.

I continue to use and enjoy my 70D.  99% of the time, it has worked great for me.  It's not perfect, but I like the way it sounds and it gets the job done.  It doesn't have enough mass to make an effective doorstop anyway.

A separate thread for venting / complaints could be a good idea.  It would be for people to post complaints about all Tascam products that get used around here.  If people think Tascam in general is junk and that thread gets a lot of action, that will ensure it gets seen by lots of people and dissuade them from purchasing their products if that's what your goal is.

Understand that I don't mind the bitching so much - just the blatant repetitive trolling and celebration that someone was made to feel uncomfortable enough to bail.  That's just sad.  I suppose it's your right if that's really what you want to do, but then I have an equal right to complain about you.  And if you're going to bitch, maybe consider doing it directly to Tascam.  If it's the same handful of people repeatedly, that easy to ignore.  We did have this opportunity here on the board before Tom left, so now we're left with customer service contacts, if that is worth anything.  Or, much as I think it was/is ridiculous, file a BBB complaint as Morst did if you think it's truly warranted.

Minor correction to the statement that Tascam had the "wrong list posted... for over a year": The lists posted on the USA site were always correct.  Of course, there was no list at all for quite a while after it was first released, as it seems to be their pattern.  The only wrong list appeared on the Europe page for the 70D, which also had (still has) other mistakes, and is lousy in general which I emailed Tascam about.  That doesn't help you if you based a card purchase on that inaccurate list, I get that.

Regarding issues with past Tascam products: The 70D is the first Tascam product I've used since a 302 pro tape deck about 15 years ago, so I don't have any other past negative experiences to compare to.  But the business with the DR-100 / MKII does demonstrate there is a pattern of rushing things to the market, as does the recent update of the 701D.

I do think that most major manufacturers aren't really paying attention to much on this board, so maybe TS is easy to ignore.  Several company reps hang out on JWSound, though as it seems to have a higher number of audio professionals as members.  Maybe start posting there if you want them to notice you.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #377 on: December 02, 2015, 08:08:59 PM »
The title of this thread is "Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5)"......

All my comments have been re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5).

:smash:

Wow, looks like there will be a part six to this drama.  Time to close this thread, voltronic.  It is getting on peoples' nerves.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline ButchAlmberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #378 on: December 02, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
Caphook, feel free to move on..
Line Audio CM-3, CM-4, Lewitt
Sound Devices MixPre-6 II |  Tascam DR-70D

Team Line Audio

Offline voltronic

« Reply #379 on: December 02, 2015, 08:25:28 PM »
The title of this thread is "Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5)"......

All my comments have been re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 5).

:smash:

Wow, looks like there will be a part six to this drama.  Time to close this thread, voltronic.  It is getting on peoples' nerves.

It seems you need things spelled out for you.  (Emphasis mine).

troll
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark off such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevance to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline voltronic

« Reply #380 on: December 02, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
- Gustav Mahler

Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com