Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3  (Read 70988 times)

Offline ghibliss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2006, 07:09:14 AM »
jcrab66,

Just because I use a Core-Sound product doesn't mean my name is "Len".  Apparently a few of you have had bad luck dealing with him I on the other hand have had nothing but good support for an excellent product which he makes. I have yet to find a comparable product to the Mic 2496 in either size or performance for a user configurable a/d converter which allows rates from 24/32 to 24/192 on a 9 volt battery.

I am willing to bet that you have a Windows based pc and don't reply to everyone that makes a post "Thanks Bill".  I guarantee that you have had worse support from Microsoft with far more aggrevation over the years!

Offline NJFunk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2006, 07:38:30 AM »
jcrab66,

Just because I use a Core-Sound product doesn't mean my name is "Len".  Apparently a few of you have had bad luck dealing with him I on the other hand have had nothing but good support for an excellent product which he makes. I have yet to find a comparable product to the Mic 2496 in either size or performance for a user configurable a/d converter which allows rates from 24/32 to 24/192 on a 9 volt battery.

I am willing to bet that you have a Windows based pc and don't reply to everyone that makes a post "Thanks Bill".  I guarantee that you have had worse support from Microsoft with far more aggrevation over the years!

OK, OK, OK, it was just a little joke.  We're all thrilled that you've had a positive experience with them.  Can we please try to avoid degrading this thread into a flame war over CoreSounds?  There's too much useful information that a lot of people need about 1.3.3 and don't want to have to wade through some silly argument that's already been had a dozen times.  Thank you from all MT users.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2006, 08:50:02 AM »
Agreed NJfunk ...

Haven't upped to the new firmware yet, hope to try it out tonight at the Codetalkers if I can get my arse up there ...

Oh yeah Core-sound sucks  >:D
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline ShawnF

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2006, 08:53:07 AM »
OK, OK, OK, it was just a little joke.  We're all thrilled that you've had a positive experience with them.  Can we please try to avoid degrading this thread into a flame war over CoreSounds?  There's too much useful information that a lot of people need about 1.3.3 and don't want to have to wade through some silly argument that's already been had a dozen times.  Thank you from all MT users.

Though, to be fair, he wasn't the one who started it or who got off-topic first, yes?

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2006, 12:32:49 PM »
Recorded Evgeny Kissin's piano recital on Tuesday with my setup (CCM2S>V3>MT and M1) with the new firmware 1.3.3. with setting 24/48. I was using a Lexar 2GB 80X CF card. At the end of the recital my MT told me there no media in the recorder. Went home and my card reader couldn't recognize my CF card, too. Do not know if it is the firmware or the compact flash which caused the problem all I know is I got dead useless Lexar card. Luckily I ran my M1 together with my MT as the back up because my V3 also has a optical out. Now I'm going to try and see if Kingston Elite 2GB 50X is more reliable with the current firmware. Not happy that my MT destroyed by Lexar card.  :(
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »
Recorded Evgeny Kissin's piano recital on Tuesday with my setup (CCM2S>V3>MT and M1) with the new firmware 1.3.3. with setting 24/48. I was using a Lexar 2GB 80X CF card. At the end of the recital my MT told me there no media in the recorder. Went home and my card reader couldn't recognize my CF card, too. Do not know if it is the firmware or the compact flash which caused the problem all I know is I got dead useless Lexar card. Luckily I ran my M1 together with my MT as the back up because my V3 also has a optical out. Now I'm going to try and see if Kingston Elite 2GB 50X is more reliable with the current firmware. Not happy that my MT destroyed by Lexar card.  :(

That's a new one. Did it happen when it went to auto split or something or did you just notice that it was saying that after you stopped recording?  What was the sequence of events? Was the MT overly hot that you noticed? I guess I'd suggest trying some tests with a new card that you could 'return' to the store as 'defective' if it stopped working during your tests.

J.T.

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »

did it happen to make some cryptic looking files on the card or is it totally trashed?
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

That's a new one. Did it happen when it went to auto split or something or did you just notice that it was saying that after you stopped recording?  What was the sequence of events? Was the MT overly hot that you noticed? I guess I'd suggest trying some tests with a new card that you could 'return' to the store as 'defective' if it stopped working during your tests.

J.T.

Yes, the MT was a bit warm... It was recording for 50 min for the first half and 50 min for the 2nd half. At the end of the concert my MT did not respond to my actions...I tried to stop REC but non of the buttoms responded to my actions. It was like my MT crashed. After a few mins my MT said saving file (which lasted another few mins). By then I knew something was wrong. The file was saved at the end. I powered up my MT again and it didn't recognize my CF saying no card found. When I got home, my card reader connected to my PC did not recognize it, either. My MT seems fine now when I put in a 256MB SANDISK card. It seems as if the MT did something to my Lexar card. First time my MT crashed on me.

Straight after saving the audio files (with difficulty) I saw a few small files (which was strange because I should only have 2X 50 mins audio files) ...now my card is totally useless. Could not get my MT or any other reader to read my card. MT and card reader say there is no card inserted.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2006, 03:53:12 PM »
wow, this microtracker just keeps looking more and more promising   >:D

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2006, 06:59:43 PM »
scyue,

Have you tried reformatting the card via either the MT or connected to the pc?  Did you try using the card prior to the concert recital to see if it worked at all?   I use a Kingston 4GB Elite Pro which is a 45X card and have not experienced any issues with my card.  Ihave completed testing at 24/96 going in spdif and let the MT perform an auto-split at 2GB which went smoothly!  I also confirmed that I can get better then 4 hours on the MT with the backlight on always while recording in 24/96 via spdif in.  The file split did not appear to take more then 3 seconds as I timed it with a stopwatch from when the time remaining indicator reached zero to when I could see the meters resonding on the new file and the elapsed time counter accumulating time.

Has anyone else performed any tests relevent to the auto-split or other new functions in the current software release? 

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »
Yeah that is a new one, makes me nervous to even update ...

I recently had a 24/48 set flp channels about 8-9 minutes into a 45 minute set, then recorded two more without a problem...

16/44.1 has been working fine ...

If it ain't broke, er wait  ;)
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2006, 07:46:41 PM »
scyue,

Have you tried reformatting the card via either the MT or connected to the pc?  Did you try using the card prior to the concert recital to see if it worked at all?   I use a Kingston 4GB Elite Pro which is a 45X card and have not experienced any issues with my card.   

I formatted the CF before the concert. Now I cannot even format the card becauase the card is not even recognizable in my MT or in the card reader connected to my PC. Luckily I ran my M1 as a back up during the concert. I think in the future I will always use my M1 as the back up because I cannot trust my MT. I will try see if it is possible to return the dead Lexar card. Now I plan to run the MT with a Kingston Elite...hopefully Kingston is more reliable with this new firmware...Thanks.

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2006, 10:24:10 PM »
I had emailed M-Audio about the 2GB split function, asking about whether they would be working to fix the WAV function:

[A R -- 03/09/2006 03:00]
No, there will never be the ability to record more than 2 gigs at a time.
This is a limitation of the file format used (Fat 32 ) and not the microtrack.

Don't remember whether this had been posted.
Socks are overrated.

Offline blindowl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2006, 11:14:15 PM »
Am I the only one still waiting for onboard indexing?   I want to be able to split large files onboard and then just download the segments I need to my computer. 

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2006, 01:14:32 AM »
jcrab66,

Just because I use a Core-Sound product doesn't mean my name is "Len".  

Well, if you read the fine print on the order form, you'll see that in order to get use the gear under proper license you need to either 1) change your name to Len; or 2) nickname the gear "Len."  I just received a Schneider Disk I ordered this week from Core Sound (fast delivery, thanks Len #1), and plan to name the Schneider Disk/Manfrotto tripod/Schoeps Omni rig "Len Schneider."  I hope this keeps me out of trouble.

WiFiLen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com